ClubSNAP Photographer's Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
Hey... I'm beginning to feel the usefulness of a "Photographer's" pass or "Press Pass"... + NameCards

Like the Hot Springs shot I took, people kept asking where I was posting...

It would be great if we can just have an identification that say's
-------
ClubSNAP Photographer
http://www.clubsnap.org
-------

In the same holder we could also have 'namecards' that identifies the url & your id so that people who are interested to take a look at the shots could be given the card.

Any comments/other suggestions???

Namecards would be a nice idea to spread the identity. However, passes are a waste of time. Anybody who requires passes to events will only accept their own passes. You have to apply for passes ahead of time and get on their approval list. There is unfortunately no such thing as a universal pass. Some newspapers passes may carry weight, depending on the newspaper and the organisers, but generally the people who will let a newspaper photographer turn up unannounced will also welcome any other semi-legitimate photographer. Newspapers don't depend on a universal pass. They depend on an organised picture desk that faxes requests ahead to organisers in advance.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I've always wanted to make a T-shirt that said:

"Street Photographer - please ignore me and act naturally".

haha... this is a good idea :D :D :D

Originally posted by Jed
Namecards would be a nice idea to spread the identity. However, passes are a waste of time. Anybody who requires passes to events will only accept their own passes. You have to apply for passes ahead of time and get on their approval list. There is unfortunately no such thing as a universal pass. Some newspapers passes may carry weight, depending on the newspaper and the organisers, but generally the people who will let a newspaper photographer turn up unannounced will also welcome any other semi-legitimate photographer. Newspapers don't depend on a universal pass. They depend on an organised picture desk that faxes requests ahead to organisers in advance.

Maybe a tag or something is useful to identify yourself to the general public. When they see that you are from a organisation or club, they are more willing to talk to you and maybe even take pictures. It is just some kind of assurance you give people when you wear those passes.

y not

"Hard Rock Cafe - ClubSnap is in progress"

That's a very good idea.....
It's gets the message through without being rude. Kind of humourous in a way.

Wonder where we can get a t-shirt like that?

Originally posted by nutz

That's a very good idea.....
It's gets the message through without being rude. Kind of humourous in a way.

Wonder where we can get a t-shirt like that?

LoL Good one!!! Hahhahaaha!!! I want one of those!! HAHAHA
:D

Go print your own lor! :p

Originally posted by willyfoo
Hey... I'm beginning to feel the usefulness of a "Photographer's" pass or "Press Pass"... + NameCards

Like the Hot Springs shot I took, people kept asking where I was posting...

It would be great if we can just have an identification that say's
-------
ClubSNAP Photographer
http://www.clubsnap.org
-------

In the same holder we could also have 'namecards' that identifies the url & your id so that people who are interested to take a look at the shots could be given the card.

Any comments/other suggestions???

I think its a good idea...even though Jed may feel tat its unneccessary. Sometimes when people see a "pass", they would prefer to avoid trouble and extra work, juz let you be. (from my opinion....but not everyone does tat) Maybe if unlucky, you will run into someone who intents to make you suffer for wat you want.
Hehehehe

I mean its good in a way tat it allows people to know where we come from in a glance or two. But still this system might be open to outside abuse or misuse...clubsnap might get a bad rep. These are the factors to consider also. :D

It would be rather troublesome to come up with namecards during shoots...especially when some shots...have some moments you cant afford to miss, and someone juz insists to see some i.d. Haaaa
:)

Aiya just wear white shirt with PAP logo lor....

Nobody will bother you.

Except for the gents from ISD. :p

Aiya just wear white shirt with PAP logo lor....

Nobody will bother you.

geez........over my dead body will i do that!!.
They have made too many enemies around, i don't want to get whacked for nothing!!:dent:

Hey guys,

This is actually quite a good idea.

Somone could help to design a t-shirt with the ClubSnap logo and that message.
Then we can do bulk printing and ordering which might fetch some bulk discounts. In a commercial sense, we could even have a little corner for sale of club souveniers like t-shirt, camera bags etc............

Then probably we can set up a fund and contribute some little profits from the sales of the t-shirt to it. That fund could used to pay for the hosting of this site, probably even get some spaces for the members to post their pictures, and organize gathering events for the members as well.

But i think first of all we need to have some sort of like a management board whereby presidents, secretary and treasurer etc etc be nomnated.

I don't know if this sounds too commercial, but i think it's worth mentioning here anyway.

Hey, if you guys get the bulk printing done, I want to order one as well.:D

if u guys really want bulk printing of tees, i have a fren who can help. he's in the biz of printing tees, including local univ clubs, some banks and coy.. can't remember. can be embroided too but more ex. and i think the print also has diff materials. i dunno much. price will depends on the quality of polo/tee, print, size of print, the mold, etc.. juz PM me if u guys settled on it. i'll check out with him and let him noe. ;)

I agree with Jed abt the passes. Unless we are all that powerful, if not those people will only take us as fool!

The next best thing is the namecards which is very good to have! I can just walk up to a gal and say :" Hi, can you be my model? You have the looks!" then pass her a namecard and wow, I got a new target!:devil: But sure enough there are people that will ask for some ID so a namecard would be nice.

Maybe we can wear the Tee-shirts during the 1st anv of ClubSNAP and have the whole places crowded with all of us! hehhee...... Then go ard shooting people!

If everyone really gonna do that then I guessed maybe the authorities might want clubsnap to be register as a society liao.:confused:
Any gathering more than 5 will need license.. sigh.

if we want to be recognize. registering for a society licence won't be a problem.

Originally posted by Klause
if we want to be recognize. registering for a society licence won't be a problem.

From my experience, the problem is very biG :) Some of the BIG problems are :

- you need pple who can manage the paperwork needed
- we need to keep proper detailed registration of all members.
- upon submission of our application, we need to halt all activities INCLUDING WEB site until they approve
- their approval period can takes from 3 months to indefinite. :)

There are certainly many more but I don't think I want to list them all. In summary, its NOT easy to register as a society in Singapore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.