ClubSNAP Photographer of the Year 2009 Competition - Theme 1 - "Yellow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D) File Format and Required Digital Information

1. Maximum size per JPEG image accepted is 200KB

How to make the picture only 200kb or below?
Usually a shot taken is already 1mb+ ......
Anyone can guide?

resize your pictures and save to lower resolution

5. Images that have won prizes in prior competitions, or have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible for entry.

I assume that uploaded pics at flickr and CS forum are not counted as published?

is it only open to Nikon user?

How to resize picture? Using what software?

Question about rules:

"1. Image enhancements may be applied to optimize an entry for the Competition."

Does this mean if I shoot RAW, I can do any sort of image enhancements in software like Adobe Lightroom or Capture NX etc. as long as I dont remove or add any content to the original photo?

Last edited:
Clarifying the Rules on EXIF files here

1. All images submitted must have EXIF information. Images without EXIF info will be disqualified.

How do we determine if the info is there? Click on the icon (camera icon) that shows the EXIF, as seen here in this sample image.

111142736.jpg

The EXIF will appear as in the image shown below. However is the EXIF does not appear ie. no EXIF info, then the participant has to manually input the EXIF info onto the Photo Details or Comments box.

111142741.jpg

I have amended the Rule D to be worded more precisely .

Hi, my pic can see the metadata in photoshop but after upload, i dont see the exif button. You mention to manually input the EXIF, how do do that? or is there a method to make the exif appear? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, my pic can see the metadata in photoshop but after upload, i dont see the exif button. You mention to manually input the EXIF, how do do that? or is there a method to make the exif appear? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you have already uploaded the image. Follow this step to edit:

1. Under your images in the "Additional Info" you will see there are 2 rows of icons ie first row of 4 icons and bottom row of 2 icons. On the bottom row of icon select the icon on your left (icon of window and pencil) then click it.

2. In the new window you will see on the 6th para "Edit Photo Description"

3. Add in your camera details ie.
* Camera
* Aperture information
* Shutter speed information
* ISO
* Date "

If you are uploading your image

1. then click "Upload Photos" on the top right corner of the gallery
2. on the 3rd para "Enter a description for the photo" just type in your camera data ie.
* Camera
* Aperture information
* Shutter speed information
* ISO
* Date "

Hope it helps

Hmmm..for a film entry does the exif requirement still apply?

Thanks!

Question about rules:

"1. Image enhancements may be applied to optimize an entry for the Competition."

Does this mean if I shoot RAW, I can do any sort of image enhancements in software like Adobe Lightroom or Capture NX etc. as long as I dont remove or add any content to the original photo?

would like find out the answer to this too.... :sweat:

would like find out the answer to this too.... :sweat:

I think it's already pretty clearly stated:

chngpe01 said:
2. There must not be any significant removal or addition of elements in the image. To clarify:-

* Adjustments to color, saturation, contrast, brightness and sharpening are allowed.
* Cropping of images is allowed.
* Cloning must be limited to general cleaning work - significant addition or removal of elements in the composition is prohibited.
* Dodging and burning is permitted.
* Perspective adjustments for correction of lens distortion is permitted.

Is photo shot from a 8 megapixel camera phone allowed to enter?

Is HDR or IR photography allowed? Note that for IR, most of the time, there will be color swapping, etc.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

i saw some of you didn't follows :nono: some of the instruction given by our moderator
on the rules and regulation and from section "C" number 3 stated as follows:

C) Submitting Entries

3. Each photographer is only allowed ONE (1) entry per theme.

hope everything clarify!

cheers :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.