ClubSNAP Photographer of the Year 2008 Competition - Theme 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear chngpe01,
can we submit digital image that cropped in "not-standard size format" ?
let's say cropped in panoramic or 6x6 format?
thank you very much ^^

HDR from one or multiple photos of the same scene or subject can or not? :sweat:

HDR from one or multiple photos of the same scene or subject can or not? :sweat:

please read post #1...

E) Image Editing and Enhancement

1. Image enhancements may be applied to optimize an entry for the Competition.
2. There must not be any significant removal or addition of elements in the image. To clarify:-
* Adjustments to color, saturation, contrast, brightness and sharpening are allowed.
* Cropping of images is allowed.
* Cloning must be limited to general cleaning work - significant addition or removal of elements in the composition is prohibited.
* Dodging and burning is permitted.
* Perspective adjustments for correction of lens distortion is permitted.

Just to confirm, would you prefer us to shoot with a Nikon camera since this is a Nikon contest? Thanks.

Just to confirm, would you prefer us to shoot with a Nikon camera since this is a Nikon contest? Thanks.

i think while the admin hasn't answered this.

i think the answer should be a resounding "no".

and it's not a "nikon contest". it's sponsored by nikon - there's a huge difference, at least i hope so. :dunno:

Hi

I am a new member (came in here to learn from the others) how to take good pictures for our Drumming Community in Singapore. so I'm definetely not ready for this area ...but I think it is highly commendable that ClubSNAP here had done a great job into getting Nikon to sponsor such for the Members here.

Keep up the great job guys (Admin & Moderators & Committee) ...cheers !

PS: - It's always never easy to get sponsorship and I know it - as how we got it for Drum Xchange Singapore...You guys deserve the credibilty for a job well done - for the Community at large here.

Eric Wong
Committee of Drum Xchange Singapore
for
Drums & Percussion Section
Forum Moderator (Soft's Music Singapore)

Hi, Nice seeing u around though we never met in Soft outing. Welcome in to Clubsnap. See u in the next Drum outing.

is adding a film noise via ps filter allowed? thanks...

The answer is in page 1 post 1 here:

E) Image Editing and Enhancement

1. Image enhancements may be applied to optimize an entry for the Competition.
2. There must not be any significant removal or addition of elements in the image. To clarify:-
* Adjustments to color, saturation, contrast, brightness and sharpening are allowed.
* Cropping of images is allowed.
* Cloning must be limited to general cleaning work - significant addition or removal of elements in the composition is prohibited.
* Dodging and burning is permitted.
* Perspective adjustments for correction of lens distortion is permitted.

As long as enhacement without adding or removing elements in the image it is ok.

hi, moderator,

i try to upload my photo but i got a reply of exceed file size limit. in fact, my photo is only 380kb, which is less than the required 500kb.
is there a problem?

thanks.

i using slide leh...how eh? :-(

D) File Format and Required Digital Information

1. Maximum size per JPEG image accepted is 500KB
2. All images submitted must have EXIF information intact and showing the following information :-
* Camera
* Aperture information
* Shutter speed information
* ISO
* Date
3. Original image must be from a 3Megapixel camera or better.
4. Winners (top 10 images) of the bi-monthly themes will be required to submit the original image to ClubSNAP before prize(s) can be collected, failing which the entry will be disqualified and the prize(s) forfeited. Procedure for submission of original images will be announced at a later date.
5. Film Users - scanned entries at the appropriate size can be uploaded to the Competition Gallery. If a scanned film entry is chosen as a winner, a higher-resolution scan of at least 1200x1800 pixels must be submitted to ClubSNAP prior to award of prize(s). Failure to comply will result in disqualification and forfeit of prize(s).
6. Only ONE (1) entry per photographer is allowed for each bi-monthly theme. Image must not exceed 500KB in size.
7. Identifying marks, Watermarks, Signature - No watermarks, identifying marks or signature will be allowed for images entered into the Competition.

see post #1.

I have seen a number of repeated posts in the gallery.

Please take note that only one per member is allowed ie. one member one submission only.

Please removed the additional posts or images else you will be disqualified.

Sorry...how do i upload the pix?

How to upload pic:

1. Click the "Gallery" link from the grey bar at the top of the forum page.
2. Once in the Gallery pg, first sign in/log in.
3. Once signed in, click on "Theme 2 - Contemplation" link.
4. Once in, click "upload photos" (at top right of the page).
5. Follow the intructions from there, upload your photo and then click "Submit".

I have just uploaded my photo but it doesnt look as sharp as its original size due to the limit of 200kb.

any advice on how to make it sharper while keeping to the size limit???:dunno:

the image looks sharp on in its original size tho... :confused:

The second bi-monthly theme for the photography competition will be Contemplation.

Deadline for submission for entries will be 23rd May 2008
(based on timestamp on Gallery server).

Entries are to be uploaded to the following section on the Gallery server :-

Theme 2 : Contemplation Competition Gallery (click to view)

Remember to login before uploading.

Please note the competition for the 2nd theme is closed/ Any submission on 24th May and thereafter will not be qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.