Clubsnap motto

Status
Not open for further replies.

arowana

Mar 17, 2004
Lately i am kind of dissapointed with some comments post by some "Senior" here who post somethings i think is very rude in view of the clubsnap motto.

Clusnap

The Photography Community

share knowledge,discuss idea,forge new friendships with others who have a similiar passion and interest in photography.

Please see the comments here by one of the "BEtter photographer in Cs"

"WHAT COMMENT YOU WANT!!!!!"

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=92140

Kind of sad to know that instead of sharing with each others and help each others improve their photography skill , its now like i am too good for you and your not worthy of my time.

;(

Hi Aro.....

To bad....sometimes a motto doesn't seem to have any meaning for some.....
hmmm....maybe they may not be aware that's there to swear by it....

Well......thankx for bringing up this good point....so all can learn.....and make CS a better place...

rgds,
sulhan

AJ23 said:
High post count != Senior

you can see from the link i post , i am sure the threadstarter posting out some picture for some comments dont need someone to ask

"WHAT COMMENT YOU WANT?"

What happen if someone post this in your thread. Dont tell me that you wont mind it . If anyone post like that then who want to post out their picture for comments?

sulhan said:
Hi Aro.....

To bad....sometimes a motto doesn't seem to have any meaning for some.....
hmmm....maybe they may not be aware that's there to swear by it....

Well......thankx for bringing up this good point....so all can learn.....and make CS a better place...

rgds,
sulhan

Mr sulhan ,

me new to this hobby and i have alot of things to learn both from "seniors"
and "newbie" alike.

share is the key words .

If you think your the "best" , then no need to come forum anymore.

Feel you over-reacted.

If it were in caps like what you posted, "WHAT COMMENT YOU WANT!!!!!", it could have been taken to be "shouting" and rude. but the poster didn't do such a thing and you're the one who construed it to be rude. In what way do you find it rude? Different photographers have different things (e.g. exposure, composure, tonality, technicalities) in mind when asking for comments.

If you noticed, the thread starter, Hosea, is appreciative and his replies to Areality's questions drew comments from other clubsnappers.

mpenza said:
Feel you over-reacted.

If it were in caps like what you posted, "WHAT COMMENT YOU WANT!!!!!", it could have been taken to be "shouting" and rude. but the poster didn't do such a thing and you're the one who construed it to be rude. In what way do you find it rude? Different photographers have different things (e.g. exposure, composure, tonality, technicalities) in mind when asking for comments.

If you noticed, the thread starter, Hosea, is appreciative and his replies to Areality's questions drew comments from other clubsnappers.

oh i see , then i over-reacted ah . :)

My command of the english language is not that good , so i dont think i have over-reacted .

If you were one of member who just pass by the thread, what will you feel?

mpenza said:
btw, there's no senior or junior member. Every clubsnapper is a member.

i agree mr mpenza,

that why i post the motto here.

Clubsnap

The Photography Community

share knowledge,discuss idea,forge new friendships with others who have a similiar passion and interest in photography.

arowana said:
oh i see , then i over-reacted ah . :)

My command of the english language is not that good , so i dont think i have over-reacted .

If you were one of member who just pass by the thread, what will you feel?

I see it as a genuine question asking the thread starter to frame his thoughts so that he could get constructive comments. If you treat it as a bully/gangster forcing it down the throat of a "newbie", you're wrong.

Take note that you're the only one to take issue with the question. Others who may have very good command of the English language see no issue with it.

mpenza said:
I see it as a genuine question asking the thread starter to frame his thoughts so that he could get constructive comments. If you treat it as a bully/gangster forcing it down the throat of a "newbie", you're wrong.

Take note that you're the only one to take issue with the question. Others who may have very good command of the English language see no issue with it.

okie mr mpenza ,

sorry for bringing this up .

so sorry .

I should not have bring this up.

no need to apologise. as you have posted, we're here to share knowledge, discuss ideas, forge new friendships with others who have a similiar passion and interest in photography :)

mpenza said:
no need to apologise. as you have posted, we're here to share knowledge, discuss ideas, forge new friendships with others who have a similiar passion and interest in photography :)

Glad to know that .

Hope all the forum members practice what being preach there and not for show only.

Sorry for being blunt but this is somethings that i want to say for a long time.

Sorry again for being bringing this up and being blunt.

So what comment you all want anymore?

i dont think he's overreacting.
if the reply meant "which aspect of the photo do u want me/us to comment?" , he could simply replied " comment abt which part ?"

no need for flowery language. just simple clear cut will do.

feel free to debate on the inaccuracy of singlish or improperly constructed english sentence... I'll stay away from this thread.

acetylcholine said:
i dont think he's overreacting.
if the reply meant "which aspect of the photo do u want me/us to comment?" , he could simply replied " comment abt which part ?"

no need for flowery language. just simple clear cut will do.

its okie bro ,

i underSTAND now , dont worry .

i only over-reacted.

its okie.

:D

hahaha x3

Ding Ding!! Round 2!! Take over the baton from Mpenza. :D

Gonna say the same old stuff again. It's the internet, cyberworld, and you are in a public forum with individuals from all walk of life. It's pretty common to feel upset at times due to some funny comments, words, or remarks made by others. In fact, the other party might have meant something else.

We had seen peeps starting wars, with all kind of languages, acting beng, seng, lian, huay, all sorts. We had also seen some scolding father, mother, whole family online. Trust me, it's very very common.

If you don't like it? Just give it a smile and forget about it. :angel:

togu said:
Ding Ding!! Round 2!! Take over the baton from Mpenza. :D

Gonna say the same old stuff again. It's the internet, cyberworld, and you are in a public forum with individuals from all walk of life. It's pretty common to feel upset at times due to some funny comments, words, or remarks made by others. In fact, the other party might have meant something else.

We had seen peeps starting wars, with all kind of languages, acting beng, seng, lian, huay, all sorts. We had also seen some scolding father, mother, whole family online. Trust me, it's very very common.

If you don't like it? Just give it a smile and forget about it. :angel:

Yes sir ,

:D :D :D

i forget liao

Hey Arowana,

Thank you for your feedback.
You have done a great favor for CS by alerting us to be courteous and make CS a friendly photography forum to visit.
Personally, I was shock too but decided to reply politely and move on to Photography.
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.