ClubSNAP is no longer a photography site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, what is wrong with buy and sell? So what if some people are obsessed with equipment. Let me ask you then, how do you define photography? To me, photography encompasses everything, from composition, creativity, the technical aspects of a picture, and also, definetely, equipment.

Sometimes, i get quite irritated when someone asks about camera equipment or something like that, perhaps if you will upgrade to a better camera, people would reply, "No, i believe a good picture dosen't depend on the camera, but on the person behind the camera". Well, perhaps its true, but you do not need to keep saying it. Besides, are you TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS and UNDISCERNING to the lure of better equipment and stuff like that? Now, don't tell me no, and try to hide it, the fact is, its human nature to lust after something better, its inate, just don't get obsessed and its fine.

ClubSNAP needs less people who are totally obsessed over a certain brand of equipment and thus tries to bring it down whenever the chance is available, especially in the brand's own sub forums. In this way, he will be able to get away saying "Well, this is the XXX Subforum right? What's wrong with saying that?" We need less people like this, who only serves to provide biased comments and so on. I've spotted a few of them in ClubSNAP and will not be naming them. By the way, one of them has the nick which is similar to a sports channel on cable tv.

I've also seen some occasions when someone posts a nice picture, and then, another person would ask "What camera are you using? Care to share the settings?" The next thing you know, the person would be flamed by everyone and then named as an equipment measurebator. :dunno: I mean, what's wrong with asking about the camera? Maybe the person is curious if any special equipment is used to take the picture? Maybe he himself is using a fully auto-matic camera, which is unable to capture such an image, thus he is curious what kind of camera the person is using. Or perhaps, sometimes he just wants to know what lens the person used, because he is doing some research to purchase a new lens?

One more thing i've noticed, what's with moderators arguing with members in the forums, and then before posting, they do " *** NOT POSTING IN THE CAPACITY OF A MODERATOR*** ". That's nonsense. If a policeman spots a fierce argument, can he walk to them, and say, hey, although im in uniform, dont mind if i take part in this argument also? This is the same for moderators, when they're posting with their nicknames, with a MODERATOR tag below. However, if they have a new account, and they take part in the argument too, thats a different matter.

Also, to ed9119, what do you mean by an easier way to post pictures? It's as easy as it gets already. Just upload your picture somewhere, and when you post, click on the IMAGE PICTURE above the textbox, enter the URL, and you're done. What do you want? ClubSNAP To allow you to upload pictures when you post? Don't blame me if ClubSNAP starts charging if they implement this feature. Bandwidth in Singapore is expensive if you don't know. You can't expect everything to be perfect and stuff like that. This is a FREE community if you don't know. Stop giving excuses and RTFM. I hate people who blame other people for their own laziness.

Seriously, i feel we should have weekly photo challenges for each subforum, and perhaps a monthly challenge for the forums. The winners of the pictures would be posted on ClubSNAP's front page, similar to www.fredmiranda.com 's photo challenges.

By the way, we need less people like this. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=54777

ipaquser said:
ClubSNAP needs less people who are totally obsessed over a certain brand of equipment and thus tries to bring it down whenever the chance is available, especially in the brand's own sub forums. In this way, he will be able to get away saying "Well, this is the XXX Subforum right? What's wrong with saying that?" We need less people like this, who only serves to provide biased comments and so on. I've spotted a few of them in ClubSNAP and will not be naming them. By the way, one of them has the nick which is similar to a sports channel on cable tv.
Excuse me? Biased comments? Those are comments based on facts, read carefully before you overthrow everything/everybody.

And if you wanna direct your comments, you can do so directly at me, you didn't have to go one big round to get something said and meant otherwise. Using other people's thread to start a flame isn't very bright either.

By the way, we need less people like this. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=54777
Understand the full picture before commenting, it doesn't make you stand out brighter/better by putting others down.

If it's people that we need less... I guess it's...

espn said:
Understand the full picture before commenting, it doesn't make you stand out brighter/better by putting others down.

If it's people that we need less... I guess it's...

"Since both of you insist on sparring publically, please do it here instead of corrupting other's threads." From Darren. Did he mention Both of you? :think:

Well, sorry if i didn't specify properly, i wasn't talking about you ;) and please don't go OT on this thread! :eek:

Yeah, that brings me, to my next point, the Workshop, Studio/Model Shoots subforum. What is that? A free advertising medium for them? I don't get it. Even Singnet Classified charges :)

ipaquser said:
"Since both of you insist on sparring publically, please do it here instead of corrupting other's threads." From Darren. Did he mention Both of you? :think:

Well, sorry if i didn't specify properly, i wasn't talking about you ;) and please don't go OT on this thread! :eek:

Yeah, that brings me, to my next point, the Workshop, Studio/Model Shoots subforum. What is that? A free advertising medium for them? I don't get it. Even Singnet Classified charges :)

I'm just wondering, should we focus ourselves on the topic discussed rather than personal attack?
Please! Gentleman! Kindly stop this. ;)

Sigh ... it is a waste of time debating ClubSNAP is no longer a photography site. :(
Those who likes to talk about equipment ... go equipment lar ..
Those who likes to talk about galleries ... go galleries lar ...
Those who likes to B/S .. well there is kopitam for you to destress ..

Anythings else ... please dun start a WAR here .. :devil: :sweat:

This cannot be a ground for you to exercise yours ... whatever you are not satisfy and pour it out and get yourself more deeper and away from the original poster .. :nono:

TO scanner : they are both different thread and cannot be mixed .. :confused:

While the mods & admins appreciate any and all feedback, let's not get too heated here. Personal attacks, no matter how thinkly veiled, are frowned upon, so let's keep the flames away or I will lock this thread. I'm sure we're all hope and aim for CS to grow in terms of maturity, so let's maintain a sense of objectivity and composure here.

The Moderator
Marketplace

The very active buy/sell forums actually help to spur interest in photography and facilitates owning and trading of equipment. Without the B/S, I probably would not have been able to learn as fast.

I think the title "ClubSNAP is no longer a photography site" is somewhat unjustified. At it's heart, it's very much a photography site. I learnt quite a bit of photography from the forums.

I do however feel that the quality of posts and pics posted in recent times may not be as good as before - so the admin may want to look into this.

You guys really need to go out and shoot more. That's for sure.

LimCB said:
You guys really need to go out and shoot more. That's for sure.
In fact we have, a lot of people shoot very frequently, but the posters of the images tend to be a lot lesser. Guess it's the quality of the feedback given when people post? :dunno:

Since I am new, the first thing that I must learn is my equipment.
After reading the camera manual, I start to understand but I learned more
by browsing the forum related to my camera manufacturer.
I also posted few photos, and I admit it is probably very bad, but how will
I improve my skills if I will not receive constructive feedback.
The feedback should say what area needs improvement and possible ways how to improve.
In my opinion, this site is still a very wonderful photography community. :)
We must also appreciate the efforts by the admins to keep it neat and tidy :thumbsup: .

Status
Not open for further replies.