ClubSNAP is involved in Subaru Bike Carnival 2004!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details please. Venue, date, time, etc

details are available on the URL itself....

obviously, the competition can only be held with shots from the event... so what do you think? ;)

dates? 4, 5, 6 june! :)

Uhmm...when's the info gonna be updated?

sorry but I can't help it....

Unless my camera can shoot RAW and JPG simultanously like the MK II, the prizes are just too cheapo to have an award winning picture shot in JPG instead of RAW.

kenghor, it would be better for those fellow cyclists in our midst and sportspersons to come show their keen eye during the event ;)

but i'm sure you can turn in something good, too! join in the name of having fun, not so much for the prizes. take them as a "niceties" instead, ya? :)

sehsuan said:
kenghor, it would be better for those fellow cyclists in our midst and sportspersons to come show their keen eye during the event ;)

but i'm sure you can turn in something good, too! join in the name of having fun, not so much for the prizes. take them as a "niceties" instead, ya? :)

I'm afraid I have to agree with SS on this. This is definitely not one of those top level-kind of competitions, rather a casual one which we hope to encourage participation. Who knows, you may produce stunning shots!

Join in the fun! ;)

hmm
i don't think the prizes are too cheapo

i don't splurge on anything except my camera stuff so these stuff are nice stuff to have.. lol. hmm but i don't think i can make it. oh well.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your interest in the photo challenge. We are really looking forward to meeting you all at the Subaru Bike Carnival.

Let me try to respond to some of your queries :-

1. For those of you who want to register EARLY, pls send an e-mail to legal@cycling.org.sg and state :-

a. Your name
b. Your e-mail add
c. Your HP no

and we will reserve a photographer's challenge package for you which you must collect from 8 am - 10 am on the Saturday morning, 5 June, failing which we will release it to other photographers who wish to sign up. Hope that's fair to you?

2. We have obtained a positive response from PHOTOi magazine in getting involved maybe in printing the winning photos in their magazine. Will keep you updated on this.

3. This challenge...as it is called...is more about testing your creative eye in coming up with something which fits the bill of the title of the categories e.g. Camel Suck, or even Tour de Sentosa. You'll see plenty of "Action" and "Speed" shots around. And possibly winning a prize relevant to the shot which you have submitted. And most importantly, having fun while doing it. We will be showing the winning shots chosen to be screened in front of the international and schools participants on either Sat campfire night / Sun closing dinner night / or both. And who knows, maybe the sponsors will be so impressed with your photos that they may use it in their next promotional poster. :)

We sincerely hope to have a good photographer's show of support over the weekend.

Cheers,

Merciless

What about film camera users? Will registration be accepted too?

Cheers!

Merciless said:
1. For those of you who want to register EARLY, pls send an e-mail to legal@cycling.org.sg and state :-

a. Your name
b. Your e-mail add
c. Your HP no

and we will reserve a photographer's challenge package for you which you must collect from 8 am - 10 am on the Saturday morning, 5 June, failing which we will release it to other photographers who wish to sign up. Hope that's fair to you?

Where to collect? In Sentosa? Which part? :)

Thanks for the special arrangement :thumbsup:

Hi all,

For pre-registered entries, pls collect your bags at the Carnival Main Tent at the Registration Booth from 9 - 10 am. For more information on how to get there, pls go to :-

http://www.cycling.org.sg/Subaru_Carnival_2004/about_how_to_get_there.htm

PHOTOi has confirmed that they will be printing some (or all - to be confirmed) of the winning shots. So, keep your fingers crossed that it'll be your lucky day on Sat / Sun!!!

Hope to see you all there!

Merciless

Status
Not open for further replies.