ClubSNAP DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Following recent threads about ClubSNAP t-shirts, server space, photo vests, I had a brainwave. What do you guys reckon about a ClubSNAP DSLR?

That way we could design it the way we wanted. Just think, no noise ISO 6400, 148mp, 30fps, etc.

Only drawback I can see is to decide what mount to put on it.

What do you guys think? I don't actually think it will be that expensive. With 10000 members, and about half of whom already own DSLRs, if all of us switch over to buy one or two each, it'll definitely be a financial success.

Here're some more ideas I thought for possible inclusion:

[1] VR built into the photographer.
[2] 4x5" super high resolution, super low noise sensor (CCD or CMOS undecided)
[3] kit lens included (14-400mm equivalent/1.4-2.8 AF-USM DO IS NANO VR ED L G SSM APO Di)
[4] 1005 focusing points, selectable via Canon style thumbwheel
[5] High speed crop mode - 84mp, 54fps
[6] Super high speed crop mode - 48mp, 96fps
[7] Super super high speed crop mode - 32mp, 128fps
[8] Takes 2.5" or 3.5" hdd
[9] Dedicated orbiting satellite for real time, go anywhere wireless transmission of pictures (pending ClubSNAP budget)
[10] And I've always dreamed of having a camera that does this but I'm not sure how practical or economical it will be to include, but ideally the camera must take pictures.

Who's interested to join the planning?

Fine print: this is a spoof post and in no way officially connected with ClubSNAP. All nominations for the name of the new DSLR should be submitted by 18 January 2003. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. DSLRs supplied without return postage will be kept for 21 hours and then destroyed.

Jed said:
Following recent threads about ClubSNAP t-shirts, server space, photo vests, I had a brainwave. What do you guys reckon about a ClubSNAP DSLR?

That way we could design it the way we wanted. Just think, no noise ISO 6400, 148mp, 30fps, etc.

Only drawback I can see is to decide what mount to put on it.

What do you guys think? I don't actually think it will be that expensive. With 10000 members, and about half of whom already own DSLRs, if all of us switch over to buy one or two each, it'll definitely be a financial success.

Here're some more ideas I thought for possible inclusion:

[1] VR built into the photographer.
[2] 4x5" super high resolution, super low noise sensor (CCD or CMOS undecided)
[3] kit lens included (14-400mm equivalent/1.4-2.8 AF-USM DO IS NANO VR ED L G SSM APO Di)
[4] 1005 focusing points, selectable via Canon style thumbwheel
[5] High speed crop mode - 84mp, 54fps
[6] Super high speed crop mode - 48mp, 96fps
[7] Super super high speed crop mode - 32mp, 128fps
[8] Takes 2.5" or 3.5" hdd
[9] Dedicated orbiting satellite for real time, go anywhere wireless transmission of pictures (pending ClubSNAP budget)
[10] And I've always dreamed of having a camera that does this but I'm not sure how practical or economical it will be to include, but ideally the camera must take pictures.

Who's interested to join the planning?

Fine print: this is a spoof post and in no way officially connected with ClubSNAP. All nominations for the name of the new DSLR should be submitted by 18 January 2003. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. DSLRs supplied without return postage will be kept for 21 hours and then destroyed.
have an interchangable lens mount adapter, so any lens also can use lo. :D

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: Good work....

I vote for the name

"Trimax 999D999X LightningBOLT"

Don't forget, for film afficionados, the digital back must be interchangeable with a film back, with backs for 110 film all the way to 4x5". The thing should also have at least a 5" superhighres LCD capable of a contrast ratio of 2000:1 and 180° viewing angle with perfect colour accuracy. When connected to a PictBridge® capable printer, it will make prints that is 100% accurate regardless of paper.

Dynamic range will be so huge, you can almost not have to consider exposure - just use any setting. Backlight? No problem. Overly high contrast scenes? Piece of cake.

Regards
CK

+ predator laser targetting system, with shoulder mounted automatic target aquisition lens/camera mount.

+ mobile generator / holographic memory auxillary backpack.

A left-handed version of the camera for left-handed shooters so we dun feel awkward.

Design the ideal camera, and someone would still find something to criticize about it:

"Eh, why got noise one."

"The CA damn bad ler!"

"I still need a tripod to shoot long exposures. Sian."

"Any chance it can fit in my hip pocket?"

"What, dedicated uplink satellite but no GPS function?"

"Cannot go scubadiving with it ar?"

Jed said:

snipped....

Erm you forgot the 757 segment, 1 megapixel lightmeter, the triple, yes 3 flash shoes and the 2,000,000 candle power I.R. AF illuminator for long range nightshots.

Oh and the 7" LCD screen ;)

Perhaps a head mount Camera like those found in apache... ;)

lavenderlilz said:
while u r at it, don't forget the kitchen sink ;)
and bed.....

1000 AF points with percision eye and mind control and no shutter button.

The moment u THINK of pressing the shutter with your mind, the shutter will be depressed. Hey presto! Minimal shake!

no no....

we need an affordable DSLR. jed's prototype will cost at least $100k per camera, so it's clearly too ex for all but a handful of CSers.

so....to keep it simple, clubsnap's DSLR should be affordable by all, yet capable enuf for good pics. a clubsnap clone of the D70 kit (including 2GB CF card and external flash unit), selling for $500, will do very nicely.

Clown said:
+ predator laser targetting system, with shoulder mounted automatic target aquisition lens/camera mount.

+ mobile generator / holographic memory auxillary backpack.

agree !!!

self defence mechanisms, dual bladed wrist blades,

automatic retractable monopods (like their spears... whoa... drooling)

--edit--

holographic camera statistics, GPS user location -> Destination. mobile phone ( G3 ), PDA, MP3 player, picture storage, movie player, and a portable iMac... lol.....

Status
Not open for further replies.