Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
ClubSNAP's 'Day@TheZoo
Sunday, 15th February 2004
9:30am till 4:00pm

We are extremely pleased to announce that our belated anniversary party will be held at the Singapore Zoo on Sunday, 15th February 2004. A whole day of fun and excitement centred around our passion for photography is planned.

Programme for the 'Day
9:30am - 10:00am ::: Arrival and Registration
10:00am - 12:00nn ::: Workshops and Talks (see below for details)
12:00nn - 1:30pm ::: Buffet Lunch
1:30pm - 3:00pm ::: Photography Contest (details to be given later)
3:30pm - 4:00pm ::: Prize-Giving, Lucky Draw and Close

Workshops and Talks
a) Macro Photography
b) Wildlife Photography
c) Insects
d) Landscapes
e) Outdoor Portraiture

Photography Contest
- Details of the contest will only be revealed on the actual day
- Prizes (and prize sponsors) will be announced shortly

Tickets
Tickets for the 'Day@TheZoo will be sold at S$10 each and will be available for collection at SEED on 28th January 2004 and thereafter from Eastgear Pte Ltd. Tickets are not required for children below 12.

Other Pertinent Details
We were not able to get free admission to the Zoo, but have managed to obtain 25% discount vouchers for members (to be collected together with tickets if needed). FOZ members do not need the discount vouchers as you will be able to use your FOZ membership to gain entry to the Zoo.

Buffet Lunch Menu
Roast Chicken With BBQ Sauce
Malaysian Fish Gulai
Mutton Korma
Sambal Squid Balls
‘Lo-Hon’ Vegetable With Black Fungus
Thai-style Pineapple Fried Rice
Mee Goreng
Chilled Sago With Honeydew Melon
Seasonal Fresh Fruit Platter

Click on this Link to signup -> ClubSNAP's 'Day@TheZoo Registration System

Singapore Zoo website - http://www.zoo.com.sg/

Discussions on the 'Day can continue in this thread.

Good effort Darren, nice to meet you last night.

Everybody GO GO GO

Great !!!
Count me in .....
As for the payment on 28-Jan-2004. Cant make it on that day cos out of town till 31-Jan-2004.
Can I arrange alternative payment time/method ?
Thanks

chew said:
Great !!!
Count me in .....
As for the payment on 28-Jan-2004. Cant make it on that day cos out of town till 31-Jan-2004.
Can I arrange alternative payment time/method ?
Thanks
There will be a sign-up thread posted later today.

Tickets can be collected from Eastgear after the SEED on 28th, thus anytime can go down to their shop and pay/collect.

Darren, how about those with FoZ? <<< didn't read properly... :embrass:

anyway, will be there!!!

rncw said:
Darren, how about those with FoZ?
FOZ members get free entry to the Zoo (ie they do not need to buy Zoo entrance tickets), but you will still need to buy the ClubSNAP 'Day @ The Zoo tickets.

Clarification before more members ask :-

ClubSNAP 'Day @ The Zoo tickets - entitles you to buffet lunch and the workshops/competitions/lucky draw/door gifts. ClubSNAP 'Day @ The Zoo tickets will be available for sale from 28th January at SEED and at Eastgear thereafter.

Zoo entrance tickets - to enable you to GET INTO the Zoo and then head to the place where we are holding the lunch. You buy your Zoo tickets at the Zoo entrance.

Thus, you need TWO separate tickets, and if you are Friends of the Zoo (FOZ) member, you automatically have free Zoo entrance, thus only need to buy the ClubSNAP 'Day @ The Zoo tickets.

Hope I am clear on this ;)

With a 50mm? You need the AF-S 300/2.8 :devil: :blah:

AReality said:
Friends of CSers can go too?
Same price?
Yes, you can bring along your wife/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc. - just need to buy the appropriate number of tickets.

ClubSNAP 'Day @ The Zoo Tickets sold at $10 each.

oeyvind said:
sounds good... any big white lens to borrow/try out?
We will be contacting the manufacturers (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, etc) to see if they want to showcase some of their latest equipment.

Will update once we have news.

Darren said:
ClubSNAP's 'Day @ The Zoo

** snip ** snip **

1:30pm - 3:00pm ::: Photography Contest (details to be given later)

** snip **

Photography Contest
- Details of the contest will only be revealed on the actual day
- Prizes (and prize sponsors) will be announced shortly

** snip **

Wonderfully arranged, although quite ambitious to pack so many activities into the day. But one question - Contests sounds good, but why limit it to just 1.5 hours? Why not pictures taken from start to 3pm? That'll give more opportunity window isn't it?

I'll be there (waiting for the registration thread to open).

-WK

Darren said:
Yes, you can bring along your wife/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc. - just need to buy the appropriate number of tickets.

ClubSNAP 'Day @ The Zoo Tickets sold at $10 each.

Astin ..... bring all your beautiful models leh, esp Val and Rach. I will pay for one model's ticket... hehe

wkcheah said:
Wonderfully arranged, although quite ambitious to pack so many activities into the day. But one question - Contests sounds good, but why limit it to just 1.5 hours? Why not pictures taken from start to 3pm? That'll give more opportunity window isn't it?

AReality said:
Hope contest doesn't limit too only people with big guns... :(

We are still working/tweaking the details, but once we reveal the nature of the competition, it will be clear. You just have to be there on the day and trust us till then.

The competition will be fair to all, not just those with big guns. ;)

Darren said:
We are still working/tweaking the details, but once we reveal the nature of the competition, it will be clear. You just have to be there on the day and trust us till then.

The competition will be fair to all, not just those with big guns. ;)
/me gives a snigger of secret glee...

muahahaha... this is gonna be fun. :sweatsm: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.