CLUBSNAP camera vest?

Are you in favour of having a CS photo vest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way for a new member to get the t-shirt cause i would really like one just that i'm not in singapore.

ParkertR said:
Should clubsnap come up with a line of clubsnap camera vests - like our T-Shirts? With names too :) hehehe~ Vote! Vote!

Its Yes for me.. sorry, i cant vote :( dunno y it says : you may not vote. :dunno: maybe im still new here...
for me, if de vest is yellow in colour n words like CLUBSNAPPERS inde back of de vest, front wif clubsnap's logo(left side) and our name onde right side..wow.. super loh... haha :bsmilie:
hehe, jus a suggestion

Cheers!

Andrew

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i think it would look damn ugly to have all the brands on 1 vest... esp everybody like wearing a beggar uniform... patches here patches there... very unprofessional looking & animals may run when they see the vest so no more birdy shoots, no more macros... den i will forsee some lao jiao here would purposely 'blanko' off certain brand...

my 2cents... just keep it simple... just dun wanna be a walking advertisement for every brand... maybe if KM does have a vest, i might consider wearing... i wan an ANTI SHAKE VEST...

nt until so much la... aiyoh.... i know wad u meant la... thats why i mentioned some hahaha.. :bsmilie:

Incastasman said:
Its Yes for me.. sorry, i cant vote :( dunno y it says : you may not vote. :dunno: maybe im still new here...
for me, if de vest is yellow in colour n words like CLUBSNAPPERS inde back of de vest, front wif clubsnap's logo(left side) and our name onde right side..wow.. super loh... haha :bsmilie:
hehe, jus a suggestion

Cheers!

Andrew

eeee... i think dun put the word clubsnappers inside or wadever la.. that word will spoil the vest. the logo on the usual place will do... and some small tags of sponsors... hahaha...

sponsors.......... wooooo... can we get them ? hahaha :bsmilie:

I think it'll be a great one~ but hopefully someone can come up with designs for SBO and vest so we can compare . if it was me, i think i'll take both the SBO and Vest.

why not we have ID tags too? :p what i meant was official ID tags so when we go outings we have ID tags to identify ourselves and look "official" just an idea- you know like IC like that, pict, nick, name

for the vest, i think canon and nikon the best as they're widely used around here unlike minolta but it'd be great to have all three inside. but too many also no good. so why not we come up for designs and see who wants which Company logo on their vests..

eg: Guy A wants canon
guy B wants nikon
guy c wants minolta

all same design but logo of company different

NeTHaCk said:
I think it'll be a great one~ but hopefully someone can come up with designs for SBO and vest so we can compare . if it was me, i think i'll take both the SBO and Vest.

why not we have ID tags too? :p what i meant was official ID tags so when we go outings we have ID tags to identify ourselves and look "official" just an idea- you know like IC like that, pict, nick, name

for the vest, i think canon and nikon the best as they're widely used around here unlike minolta but it'd be great to have all three inside. but too many also no good. so why not we come up for designs and see who wants which Company logo on their vests..

eg: Guy A wants canon
guy B wants nikon
guy c wants minolta

all same design but logo of company different

den i need 3 vest liao... Konica Minolta, Sony & Canon

for cards.. that sounds cool.. but will it be too 'exclusive'? :S i can volunteer to have them made... im in thailand and the print cost for cards that look like IC... is pretty low. I can check it out, won't be expensive... at most all you guys do is collect your pictures (either digital or passport..) and info and then snail mail to me and i'll get it all done - after i find out the cost and if the mods actually agree to it :D

ParkertR said:
for cards.. that sounds cool.. but will it be too 'exclusive'? :S i can volunteer to have them made... im in thailand and the print cost for cards that look like IC... is pretty low. I can check it out, won't be expensive... at most all you guys do is collect your pictures (either digital or passport..) and info and then snail mail to me and i'll get it all done - after i find out the cost and if the mods actually agree to it :D
use digital photos lor... simpler wat

i think there should be a limit to these.... when we are talking about vests, no one should be talking about ID cards or wad so ever.... OT already...

i tell u guys wad... why not all of us stick 2 the vests... maybe someone can make arrangements to like make the vests have a small name tag or something.

a lanyard or a namecard or ID card is totally redundant and it will waste alot of time and effort in making, designing and arranging pple to get it done. and whats more, even if the card was made, and when pple wears it around, it looks like some fan club pple wearing those silly looking passes.

Lets all be professional and stick to the traditional items which we can all share and accomodate. having a card with juz the names or wadever is simply useless. but if the card has discounts previledges or wad so ever, maybe the card still has some certain value to it, other wise the card is pratically useless, there fore when making things for CS members, we have to consider if the item we are going to make or order is practical or issit helpful or useful to them in their photography hobby.

well... if we are talking and discussing on the vest/ SBO, well... lets be it, we will talk about the vest. and trust me, making a card for CS is simply worthless if the card do nt have any previledges which i had mentioned above. consider my points carefully. because the cost althougth small, it can truely ultimately determine the image of CS.

if CS has this and that and this and that... what will other photographers think ?? they will think that CS is a kiasu and cheap skate forum and blah blah and blah. SO...... lets carry on ;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm potential new threat... i mean thread... watever... hehehe...

What if u see a person with a Clubsnap ID being strangled...

muhahahahhahaa..... nxt time when i wan to rob someone of their camera, all i have to do is pull his ID tag.. and stranggle him... hahahahahahhahahaaa.........

joking la...

yah.. hehehe...

we should be more focused... ok.. nw ... lets talk about vests... we should include a netting at the side to allow air to air the armpits... more pockets at the side and back for storing of water bottles and batteries... and erm... maybe a hidden pocket to store our most valueable thing..

MONEY ~!!

glennyong said:
.......if CS has this and that and this and that... what will other photographers think ?? they will think that CS is a kiasu and cheap skate forum and blah blah and blah.

I think they will think CS is some sort of a supermarket that has everything.

Clubsnap Supermart?

I think Clubsnap should try to keep to what it do best, providing a channel for sharing/communication than doing other stuff. If not, it will become something like HardwareZone.

no. weather too hot for photographer vest. :)

UPDATE...

Vest
1) ParkertR
2) Del_CtrlnoAlt

SBO
1) icarus
2) John Teoh
3) Feinwerkbau

Let's stick to the voting guys ... and gals! ;) Come come, list your name and preference here! :cool:

i went down to bangkok on wednesday to check out vests available... found this one pretty cheap and got a sample. it's pretty 'cool' with lotsa holes. its like netting. looks pretty alright to me. What do u all think? i know that there's interest and im starting by doing a sample :) provided time is on my side :) heehee~ i'll get the CS logo and a Nikonians logo embroided too as a patch to sew on... or maybe print. see how.

here's the sample. the vest alone costs about $20 SGD... with printing etc might max out to at most $30 but i'd say it'll be within $20 to $25 if there are enough orders.

front and back

DSC_6889.jpg

DSC_6890.jpg

looks cool, literally speaking. the pockets look big and deep enuf to even stuff a zoom lens. quite unlike the canon vest dat was given out last yr at the photomarathon.

parkertR - if u have to print the CS logo (provided if the admin allows), perhaps u can print it small on the breast pocket's flap? this way u won't 'spoil' the design of the vest too drastically, and is more discreet.

btw, even if the CS vest doesn't go thru, will u consider bringing in a few sets back to s'pore on ur return trip? i would love to get this, rather than the vests available locally. the material is here is really too thick and unbreathable for our humid weather.

uppzzz... for ur efforts! kudos! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.