ClubSNAP business card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Hey guys. Was just reading DPS (http://digital-photography-school.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22039) and they had a wonderful idea for their forum.

See, there are so many newbie photographers out there that don't know who to ask about questions. They don't know where to get reliable info, and they don't know how to improve.

Maybe if the caretakers of clubsnap community could band together to contribute to the design and printing of a ClubSNAP forum business card, we could give a stack or two to the various photography stores in Singapore. That way, the newbies will have a place to hang out and ask questions / learn, the stores will have less people going to them and asking for help, and we can get more members.

ClubSNAP is the major photography forum in Singapore, so maybe we could do this?

Cheers
Zexun

I am a little hazy about this:

Are you suggesting that ClubSnap progress beyond an online presence, and become a physical club for people to meet and network? Then it's more of a CS membership card, as opposed to a business card, am I right?

Has this idea been mooted before? Sounds interesting.

I am a little hazy about this:

Are you suggesting that ClubSnap progress beyond an online presence, and become a physical club for people to meet and network? Then it's more of a CS membership card, as opposed to a business card, am I right?

Has this idea been mooted before? Sounds interesting.

No. Here's a little example convo:

Newb that just bought camera: "Aiyo, where do I go to learn stuff? Need to go take a course or not? I don't know if reading the manual will answer all my questions"
Salesman of CP: *hands newb CS business card* "Can go to ClubSNAP forums and ask about or read"

Cheers.

In that case, wouldn't posters suffice? CS is already quite well-known anyway, so it wouldn't take much effort for people to spread the word of its existence by mouth.

Also, from a retailer's standpoint, I am not sure I want to send my customers away to ask advice from someone else. I'd like my customers to ask advice from me, so that I can sell him/her more stuff, now or eventually.

Last edited:
In that case, wouldn't posters suffice? CS is already quite well-known anyway, so it wouldn't take much effort for people to spread the word of its existence by mouth.

Also, from a retailer's standpoint, I am not sure I want to send my customers away to ask advice from someone else. I'd like my customers to ask advise from me, so that I can sell him/her more stuff, now or eventually.

yup kinda true...

like long ago, before i was actually into forums, i went to this game shop to buy PS2 and games, then the guy tell me of a online forum and tell me to go there to buy and sell my original games, from there i know more gamers and moved on to another shop which is nearer to me and well, moved on...

so from a business point of view, i think most retailers prefer the customers treat them as their one and online source...

No. Here's a little example convo:

Newb that just bought camera: "Aiyo, where do I go to learn stuff? Need to go take a course or not? I don't know if reading the manual will answer all my questions"
Salesman of CP: *hands newb CS business card* "Can go to ClubSNAP forums and ask about or read"

Cheers.

Don't quite understand your concept of the use of the biz card :think:. A biz card tells someone about who you are, what/who you represent or do and how to contact you to move the relationship forward, if possible.

I don't see that happening in your example. What the salesman is doing is giving the cust an address to get more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.