[ClubSNAP Adventures] : Ipoh Wesak Day, Taiping, Cameron Highland - Walk with Sigma

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
8635167724_52007fdb81_b.jpg

Full Itinerary
23rd May (THU) – Day 1 (Dinner)
Depart from Singapore 7am. Breakfast at JB, stop at NS highway for lunch, and arrive Ipoh by 3pm. Visit Kellie’s castle, an uncompleted project started >100yrs ago. In 1999, it was used as setting in the movie Anna and the King. Followed by a visit to the last tin dredge in Malaysia, TT5, which had surrendered its service in 1982. Dinner at Tanjung Tualang for its famous fresh water prawn. Over night at Paragoon Hotel or similar.

24th May (FRI) – Day 2 (Dinner)
Morning sunrise at Sri Botani garden. After breakfast, visit Tibetan Monastery at Tambun and photorgraphy the thangka rolling, ritual ceremony. After lunch, model shoot at Ipoh old town, Majestic Railway train station, street art painting, Perak Cave. Visit Lubuk Timah waterfall and enjoy natural hot spring. Night sunset shot at Kinta River. Hawker food for dinner.
Over night at Paragoon Hotel or similar.

25th May (SAT) – Day 3 (Dinner)
Early breakfast, drive to Sepetang to visit Malaysia only charcoal factory. Continue to roam around the fishing village to explore their activities and lifestyle. Malay style prawn mee for lunch. Continue to visit Taiping, a town rich with British heritage where British once used Taiping as state administrative Center until after the War. Photography at Lake Garden, and the WWII memorial park. Back to Ipoh for a rest. Relax at Hot spring pool at Tambun Lost World. Hawker food for dinner. Over night at Seemsoon Hotel or similar.

26th May (SUN) – Day 4 (Dinner)
Hike up to Kledang Morning sunrise, and head to Menglembu market for breakfast. Visit chinese clog home industries. Back to Ipoh, visit chinese traditional lion head making. Explore the prehistoric cave painting from the Neolithic era. Check out, lunch and drive up to Cameron highland. Visit farms and shopping, relax in cool weather. After steamboat dinner, visit the night market. Over night at Hotel Planters or similar.

27th May (MON) – Day 5
Sunrise shoot at tea garden. After breakfast, visit Boh Tea factory. Check out, on the way heading back to Singapore, stop for Iskander waterfall

Sigma sponsors
- 1 day model shooting
- 1 farewell dinner
- Variety of Sigma product for hands on try out, including the Merrill series

Packages Include
- 12 seater AC, WiFi tourist van for entire trip
- Pick up and return at Kranji MRT station
- 4 dinners
- 3 nights at comfortable hotel in Ipoh, 1 night in Cameron Highland
- Room is twin sharing basis
- All entrance ticket

Packages Exclude
- Visa to visit Malaysia if applicable
- Travel insurance
- Additional beverages not covered in the meals

Fitness and Photography Level
- Customized photography trip for beginner and intermediate
- Able to carry own equipment ; there is no porter service
- Some hiking are necessary for sunrise shot, not more than 20mins

Registration and Payment
- PM me for detail
- Full payment is required to sign up for the trip

Enquiries
PM me for more details

Last edited:
Hi Michael,

Thanks for organizing these trips. Please let me know how to sign up for this trip?

Thanks in advance.

minmin

Hi Michael,

Thanks for organizing these trips. Please let me know how to sign up for this trip?

Thanks in advance.

minmin

Need to PM the thread starter. Also, what camera mount sigma lenses will be available?

Last edited:
Michael, is the Tibetan Monastery in the tour the one along the road where the well know Chinese cave temples are? The last temple further into the road?

This should make a good and packed holiday cum photo session(s).

Michael, is the Tibetan Monastery in the tour the one along the road where the well know Chinese cave temples are? The last temple further into the road?

This should make a good and packed holiday cum photo session(s).

there are few tibetan monastery in Ipoh. One is located at the end of the road where Sam Po Cave is.
besides of holiday and cum photo session, this trip will be full of good food.

Last edited:
As a local I must say, that's a fantastic itinerary; you've got all the good stuff planned! Even Menglembu for food mmmmm
A great way to see the town and its surroundings :thumbsup:

As a local I must say, that's a fantastic itinerary; you've got all the good stuff planned! Even Menglembu for food mmmmm
A great way to see the town and its surroundings :thumbsup:

hi zichar, I am also local. Saya Ipoh mali juga.

up for a new week. few seats left.

there is odd number now, looking for another lady to share room.

still looking...

Thanks for organizing. Im a Taiping Local would love to join you all but I already have a trip planned to Taiping that weekend, will say hi when I see you all.

Cheerios

join us for the trip. take the opportunity to test sigma latest dpm series camera and their co-sponsorship.
few seats leave and also looking for lady to share room with other participant.

few have last minute pull out and we do not have good size to make up for this trip. this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.