Clubbing Photos Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgbyte77

Mar 27, 2005
Singapore
I'm going to take my SLR to Mdm Wong tomorrow night for some bday party shoot (already got my permission from mdm wong). It just for fun/practice/learning shoot. So far, all my clubbing photos are taken with Fuji S5000 while intoxicated so I have "some" experience as casual shooter. Aside from dragging the shutter, any other "tricks" I can practice? For those who wanna mingle, feel free as well. :)

I just went event shooting at a club at central mall yesterday. I find lighting very challenging. :confused:

I also hope to hear from experts too who can give us some tips :embrass:

dawgbyte77 said:
I'm going to take my SLR to Mdm Wong tomorrow night for some bday party shoot (already got my permission from mdm wong). It just for fun/practice/learning shoot. So far, all my clubbing photos are taken with Fuji S5000 while intoxicated so I have "some" experience as casual shooter. Aside from dragging the shutter, any other "tricks" I can practice? For those who wanna mingle, feel free as well. :)
Fantasy - every thought of doing the Tom Cruise - flip the drink mixer with the camera ? Set to very slow shutter click throw up and catch. Disclalimer : try this at your own risk but when it works weird city.

ellery said:
Fantasy - every thought of doing the Tom Cruise - flip the drink mixer with the camera ? Set to very slow shutter click throw up and catch. Disclalimer : try this at your own risk but when it works weird city.

Haha... cool! ;)

some rear sync flash with slow shutter speed like 1/4 or so gives interesting results too..

If u can bring a DSLR in... u can bring 50mm F1.8 lens. it helps too :)

jnet6 said:
If u can bring a DSLR in... u can bring 50mm F1.8 lens. it helps too :)

Yep. Bringing in my D70 but planning to use 18-50mm... I would love to use F1.8 but 50mm focal will be quite difficult with such a moshpit crowd. Don't wanna end up with "macros" on pimples. ;)

If its just group photos and you're allowed to use flash. Then a bounce card on an external flash would be helpful. ISO can set higher with slower shutter speed.

Can also try using slow shutter (or bulb) and repeating flash. Should be interesting, I guess.

Paul_Yeo said:
Don't suan me :confused:

the webmaster tells me the photos are noisy :cry:
Where got suan you :lovegrin: Got chance must teach me how to shoot leh :D

Status
Not open for further replies.