Club 1000D- TCSS part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread for Club1000D and associate members to talk about anything under the sun (with limits of course).

Below is a listing of Club1000D related threads within Clubsnap.

Kopitiam thread (part 3) - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5026966#post5026966
Kopitiam thread (Part 2) - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4986058
Kopitiam thread (Part 1) - Anything under the sun.http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4890767

Photo Submissions
1000D Monthly Theme Photo C&C Gallery - New theme every month. Submit pictures there. C&C and image submissions only. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488007
1000D Photo Gallery (Part 3) - Picture submissions in general. C&C welcomed. Keep non-C&C to minimal. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4985730
1000D Photo Gallery (Part 2) - Picture submissions in general. C&C welcomed. Keep non-C&C to minimal. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488895
1000D Photo Gallery (Part 1) - Old Photo submissions thread. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455966

General Discussion
thread IV - General photography related discussion. Questions and comments about equipment, technique and news welcomed. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488888
thread III - General photography related discussion. Questions and comments about equipment, technique and news welcomed. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485689
thread II - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481494
thread I - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452301

There is also a blog that accompanies the activities of the group. Please refer to that site for more information.
Blog - http://club1000d.netjackal.net.

Outing for sunset and strobing:

Place: Marina Barrage
When: This Sunday, 26th April 2009
Time and place to meet: 5pm at Marina Bay MRT
What to bring: Things for sunset and strobing (Flash photography), so bring the necessary.

Confirmed Namelist:
1) Fedodedo
2) Emotic
3) Fatah
4) Haslan
5) Ardaan
6) Chooi Mei
7) Affan + friend

likely to go:
1) liebreglach (give us a call when you heading there?)
2) dev & daughter (TBC/must get daughter's nod)

anyone else wanna join?? So far the list is 7. anyone else??
Those who decide to join in at the last min, can give anyone of us a call or can call me at 9187 2487.

update again please if you're coming.

DSC_9605copy.jpg

taken in the day or night? guess guess!

faizal's last question on the last thread.

***Hello bro, this is the outing that ryang has cancel it. But those whom still interested to go, please reconfirm the list again. Thanks!***

Pulau Ubin/Chek Jawa SSS Outing

Date: 1 May (Labour Day - Public Holiday)
Time: 9am to late afternoon

09.00am - Meet at Changi Village Market, International Nasi Lemak (Breakfast)
09.45am - Head over to Changi Point Jetty / Roll-Call
10.00am - Board Bumboat to head towards Pulau Ubin

Breakfast is not compulsory. If you are not joining us for breakfast, meet at the jetty at 09.45am.

10.15am to end of outing

First SSS Location: Ubin's highest peak
- Natural sighting of Goddess of Mercy
- Panoramic view of Mainland Singapore - Punggol Areas
- Insects Photography
- 2 different quarry along the way

Second SSS Location: Chek Jawa
- Marina Life
- Landscapes
- Birding
- Animal Sightings

Interested Shooters:
1) toughtrees
2) draken
3) fedodedo

Important:
1. Wear comfortably
2. A good footwear is recommended. (Scandals allowed provided it will not slip off as there's some bush bashing to be done en-route to the highest peak)
3. Bring drinking water, cap/hat & face towel. (it can get real hot during mid day)
4. Insect Repellent (Optional. Bring if you want.)
5. Bring enough cash as we will have lunch/short teabreak on the island. (No ATMs hor)
6. For the early part of the outing will be on foot, and once visiting the highest peak, we will get onto the bicycles to tour the island.
7. In case of bad weather (Thunderstorms), outing will be cancelled for the safety of all shooters.

Additional Information:
- Bumboat Ride ($5.00 per pax, 2-way)
- Bicycle Rental ($5.00 for whole day - This range of mountain bike is sufficient to get you through the terrain but if you want better ones, by all means go ahead. Please do not rent any bicycles less than $5.00 range or you will regret.)

Breakfast is not compulsory. If you are not joining us for breakfast, meet at the jetty at 09.45am.

10.15am to end of outing

- Insects Photography

- Marina Life
- Landscapes
- Birding
- Animal Sightings

Interested Shooters:
1) toughtrees
2) draken
3) fedodedo
4. AFFAN. BUT HE WILL WALK ONLY. Dont ask why

Important:
1. Wear comfortably
2. A good footwear is recommended. (Scandals allowed provided it will not slip off as there's some bush bashing to be done en-route to the highest peak)
3. Bring drinking water, cap/hat & face towel. (it can get real hot during mid day)
5. Bring enough cash as we will have lunch/short teabreak on the island. (No ATMs hor)
6. For the early part of the outing will be on foot, and once visiting the highest peak, we will get onto the bicycles to tour the island.
7. In case of bad weather (Thunderstorms), outing will be cancelled for the safety of all shooters.

Additional Information:
- Bicycle Rental ($5.00 for whole day - This range of mountain bike is sufficient to get you through the terrain but if you want better ones, by all means go ahead. Please do not rent any bicycles less than $5.00 range or you will regret.)

For you info, i'm going.. will definitely be going to carkpark 6 to take sunrise of changi. Interested parties do let me know. Faizal link up on this. thanks.

btw, emotic would wanna do an outing to check jawa after vesak day. so guys, which day u want??

We can substitute friday's outing to something else.... ;)

you guys choose. i'm listening.

Last edited:

What to bring: Things for sunset and strobing (Flash photography), so bring the necessary.

Confirmed Namelist:
1) Fedodedo
2) Emotic - Withdraw from outing
3) Fatah
4) Haslan
5) Ardaan
6) Chooi Mei
7) Affan + friend

likely to go:

Those who decide to join in at the last min, can give anyone of us a call or can call me at 9187 2487.

btw, emotic would wanna do an outing to check jawa after vesak day. so guys, which day u want??

We can substitute friday's outing to something else.... ;)

As above, I was intending of pushing this outing to 16th May, Saturday.
Program on that day remains more or less, the same.
Just want to know whether you guys want to tour the whole island 1st (via bicycle/foot) and end off at chek jawa, OR go to chek jawa via van from the jetty at the beginning and carry on from there.

According to the Singapore Tide Table, it'll be lowest tide of the day @ 0943hrs on 16th May.

What do you guys think?
Kindly post your feedback and I'll consolidate. Thanks!

10.15am to end of outing

- Insects Photography

- Marina Life
- Landscapes
- Birding
- Animal Sightings

Interested Shooters:
1) toughtrees
2) draken
3) fedodedo
4. AFFAN. BUT HE WILL WALK ONLY. Dont ask why
5) Just2ofus

Important:
1. Wear comfortably

Additional Information:

For you info, i'm going.. will definitely be going to carkpark 6 to take sunrise of changi. Interested parties do let me know. Faizal link up on this. thanks.

We can substitute friday's outing to something else....

what Natural sighting of Goddess of Mercy?

Confirmed Namelist:
1) Fedodedo
2) Emotic - Withdraw from outing
3) Fatah
4) Haslan
5) Ardaan
6) Chooi Mei
7) Affan + friend

likely to go:

wah withdraw sia! got withdrawal fee you know! hahaha

As above, I was intending of pushing this outing to 16th May, Saturday.
Program on that day remains more or less, the same.
Just want to know whether you guys want to tour the whole island 1st (via bicycle/foot) and end off at chek jawa, OR go to chek jawa via van from the jetty at the beginning and carry on from there.

According to the Singapore Tide Table, it'll be lowest tide of the day @ 0943hrs on 16th May.

What do you guys think?
Kindly post your feedback and I'll consolidate. Thanks!

wah. now in big dilemma. would love to go ubin but then again, wouldnt want to go there TWICE in the same month. the only advantage of going on the 16th over the first is that 16th is not a public holiday so most likely it would be less crowded.
haha.

lets see the votes. from there we decide? is it alright?

1st May
1)

16th May
1) Fedodedo

Vote quick so that we can plan something on the 1st if the trip is cancelled.

Confirmed Namelist:
1) Fedodedo
2) William
3) Fatah
4) Haslan
5) Ardaan
6) Chooi Mei
7) Affan + friend

likely to go:
1) liebreglach
2) dev & daughter

So far, this is the list up for today's outing. Any last min entries would be welcome. Pls do contact me if you would want to come. 9187 2487.

Brother now heavily rain here telok blangah.Hope it can stop before 5pm.

Votes for Chek Jawa Trip Date

1st May
1)

16th May
1) Fedodedo
2) emotic

Votes for Chek Jawa Trip Date

1st May
1)

16th May
1) Fedodedo
2) emotic

So is the UBIN trip still on? :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.