Cloth seller in Kashmir valley - IR

Basu1

Mar 20, 2012
DSC_8137_318-235.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
All areas, especially on post processing. Colours, contrast, composition...

2. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
Infrared pic taken using 720nm filter. Hand held shoot at around 2+ PM.

3. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
was wondering if the colours are fine or do they look fake?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi, sorry, the photo doesn't look like IR. It looks like a normal photo.. Maybe you can visit the IR Photography thread to have an idea. IR is very subjective as to how you process it but there are some basics you can also read up in that thread. I am not an expert but just one quick example:

144d3lx.jpg

Please let me know to remove it...

Thanks for the comments MGohzxc. I was trying to give a natural feel to the photo and still trying to retain part of the picture as IR.

I like the example that you have posted. :)

Thanks for the comments MGohzxc. I was trying to give a natural feel to the photo and still trying to retain part of the picture as IR.

I like the example that you have posted. :)

Hi, I guess you will keep trying till you achieve what you will be looking for. All the best to you...

i like the treatment by MGohzxc, composition wise i think you could move in and focus more on the cloth seller.

I will leave the comment of IR.

As stated your main subject is the "Cloth Seller" and the 2nd subject is "Kashmir Valley". It can be done in a few ways to present your theme "Cloth seller in Kashmir valley", one method is using the wide angle lens move yourself closer to the Cloth Seller, the purposes is to present to the viewer what he was selling (your current photo was not so cleared) and at the same time make sure you have Kashmir Valley in the background. Try to shoot the cloth seller at his eye level will be better. :)

can upload the original version?

cause i dont remember r72 got so much color to play with one hahha

Thanks for the comments SilverPine. Will keep that in mind going forward.

Allenleonhart, Original image attached below.

DSC_8137_318_-_mini.jpg

I also have another pic. I have only run the channel mixer on the original.

DSC_8136_234_mini.jpg