Closing Queenstown prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokomotiv

Apr 19, 2009
Singapore
I noticed from ST this weekend that they are closing Queenstown prison this month to be demolished soon. I wonder if there would be any chance to go there for shots before they demolish it as I am sure few of you CS guys may agree. Does anyone have any idea?

I noticed from ST this weekend that they are closing Queenstown prison this month to be demolished soon. I wonder if there would be any chance to go there for shots before they demolish it as I am sure few of you CS guys may agree. Does anyone have any idea?

need to apply for permit i believe..

QRP is still a protected place under the law, and u can't anyhow shoot there without permission..

I find that if can get a group large enough, there would be a chance that photog would be allowed after all the admin things are done and the demolision is underway.

I find that if can get a group large enough, there would be a chance that photog would be allowed after all the admin things are done and the demolision is underway.

that would be a good idea. how about organizing an outing for that? :lovegrin:

i think just email the guys incharge of the prison can le?

lol where to look for e person incharge?

Maybe u guys can try here first. It's the website, but at least can start from there to get the proper procedures done. :)

For outing shots ? if this shoot comes true. ...
please Pm me !

tungtong2009

Last edited:
This would be a rare and exciting opportunity. Please rope me in if it comes through

I've emailed them but no reply yet.

I asked some of my prison warden frens,they said even its closing,photography still not allowed :(

sad la

I've emailed them but no reply yet.

I asked some of my prison warden frens,they said even its closing,photography still not allowed :(

sad la

Its due to high security. Same for some SAF camps which close down and you still can't do photography in the unoccupied camps. Just imagine if unresponsible person got hold of those pictures of high security area, they will study the weaknesses of our singapore security. So still a no no untill they demolished the building. By then, nothing will be left.

Status
Not open for further replies.