Closing of National Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick84

Jan 3, 2007
Westerner.....
Closing Ceremony
The National Stadium will be officially closed on 30th June 2007. SSC will be organising a Closing Ceremony to mark the event. The ceremony includes the following.

Singapore vs Australia

A friendly game between Singapore & Malaysia comprising ex-Internationals, reminiscing Malaysia Cup Days (30 minutes)

Selling of snacks, like the good old days

Music & Entertainment by local artistes, athletes & star DJs, Brian & Mark Richmond

Lightshow & Fireworks display

Dousing of the cauldron flame

After-Event Dance Party

More details will be given nearer to date.

Http://www.ssc.gov.sg

Last chance to take photos of the fireworks from the stadium!

Singapore vs Malaysia!!!

yes!! :)

Side track a bit....

Can I visit the stadium from now till 30 June to shoot ???

Need permission ???

Side track a bit....

Can I visit the stadium from now till 30 June to shoot ???

Need permission ???

If it's still open, you can just walk in. Say hi to the guard, he'll probably let you go in and snap around.

you can just go in n take photo...go by the gym area gate...i did took photos be4 heading off to gym...so it's ok dun worry people...

There was once I asked the guard near the gym whether I can go in and take photos. He said cannot, saying that there are CCTVs watching, so no choice... :cry:

Call up sport council. They will transfer you to Paul who is incharge for this thing.
He will give you his email address.
You need to tell him the date and time you going there, your/friend/family name, your/friend/family NRIC and you contact no.
Anyway just check with him.

There was once I asked the guard near the gym whether I can go in and take photos. He said cannot, saying that there are CCTVs watching, so no choice... :cry:

perhaps the guard don't noe u well bah...i always go there for gym...mayb different case for me...;p

If it's still open, you can just walk in. Say hi to the guard, he'll probably let you go in and snap around.

I heard over FM97.2 yesterday. It is free of charge to go in provided with a group of ten ppl is required. It is a 2 hours tour which include the dressing room, up in the floodlight, the VIP seats and the commentary box etc...

Anyone one interested to go?

it will be great to visit there, but a tour that means cannot take our time and shoot?

Here is the PDF for the tour

http://www.ssc.gov.sg/SportsWeb/upload/Stadium_Tour.pdf

Update: I just checked with the person in charge - photography is allowed during the tour. Bear in mind, however, that it's a guided tour, and there might be up to 20 other people with cameras snapping away.

Latest update: I've confirmed with the SSC by email that no special permission is needed to shoot the inside of the stadium (I assume this is the track and other public access areas) on other days, as long as the photos are for personal use only. Entry is allowed between 7am and 7pm.

Still, I suppose if you're planning to organise a photo shoot/group outing, best to inform them beforehand, so that they can expect you.

just how many events are there bef they tear down the stadium? they keep saying the last but i do not see the last...

anyway, anyone wants to org an outing to shoot? i think minium 10paxs is needed to visit the tower and so one places...

Here is the PDF for the tour

http://www.ssc.gov.sg/SportsWeb/upload/Stadium_Tour.pdf

Update: I just checked with the person in charge - photography is allowed during the tour. Bear in mind, however, that it's a guided tour, and there might be up to 20 other people with cameras snapping away.

Latest update: I've confirmed with the SSC by email that no special permission is needed to shoot the inside of the stadium (I assume this is the track and other public access areas) on other days, as long as the photos are for personal use only. Entry is allowed between 7am and 7pm.

Still, I suppose if you're planning to organise a photo shoot/group outing, best to inform them beforehand, so that they can expect you.

for personal use? wat if i enter the picture in a competition?

Bro ... actually just talked to the lady in charge ... precisely they will allow us to enter the track area for photo-shooting with the intention of entering the Photo Competition.

Cheers!

sorry but don't quite understand ur post...so can we or can we not take pics meant for competitions?

Bro ... actually just talked to the lady in charge ... precisely they will allow us to enter the track area for photo-shooting with the intention of entering the Photo Competition.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. :)

Time to visit the stadium this weekend if weather permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.