CloseUp on SLR/DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hein

Jun 19, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi guys,

Want to know how u guys take CloseUp shots on SLR/DSLR.....

I usually use the LCD screen(consumer digital camera) to move the camera to/fro the object untill it's in good focus, then, *click*...

For SLR/DSLR, need to use the Viewfinder?? Isn't that difficult, and won't the object fly off??? Need to lie down on the floor???

Hein said:
won't the object fly off???

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

uhm. insects, i guess....

Hein said:
Hi guys,

Want to know how u guys take CloseUp shots on SLR/DSLR.....

I usually use the LCD screen(consumer digital camera) to move the camera to/fro the object untill it's in good focus, then, *click*...

For SLR/DSLR, need to use the Viewfinder?? Isn't that difficult, and won't the object fly off??? Need to lie down on the floor???

hein,

SLR/DSLR is totally different from those consumer DC. you onli got the viewfinder to do the composation and focusing. Yes at time proning down depending how u wan to compose your shots loh. not all the shots u need to lie down since not all the subject you take is on the ground level.

Well, for the Canon EOS system, they have 'angle finders' which attach to the SLR viewfinder so you can compose from above without lying down. They also magnify the image for focussing. i think ~$200+.

All SLR systems come with angle viewers and viewfinder magnifiers. U can purchase these.

As for the subject flying away...... it's your technique. U need to set everything properly first - aperture size, focal length, any exposure compensation, flash compensation, blah blah blah....... then creep up to the subject with the camera viewfinder at your eye. Once u have advanced to reach the required composition, then fire away. If u are using DSLR, then it's best to be on continuous drive mode. Fire a string of 3-6 shots and pick the best especially if the subject is tetchy and tends to move a lot.......

Status
Not open for further replies.