Closeup filters with Canon lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh.... i use my +4 Hoya close-up lens with a lens at 300mm focal length... that is sufficient for 1:1 reproduction on film.:thumbsup:

u have to be 1/3 metres away from the object with a +3 lens. Also, the longer the focal length of the camera lens, the larger the image. So with 300mm focal length, the magnification will be 6x then that of 50mm focal length

Originally posted by yeppie99
hows the quality?

i have to stop down the lens for sharper images.... quality is okay...

should ask megaweb this question, he's the master of macros ;)

Originally posted by mervlam

i have to stop down the lens for sharper images.... quality is okay...

should ask megaweb this question, he's the master of macros ;)

but so far i see mega use pro90 for macro only. mega?

but so far i see mega use pro90 for macro only. mega?
i guess u have not seen my insect slides :D

i dun use closeup filter for SLR lens .. recommend u to get use a Extension Tube or macro lens like 100mm f2.8 macro ..

Originally posted by megaweb

i guess u have not seen my insect slides :D

i dun use closeup filter for SLR lens .. recommend u to get use a Extension Tube or macro lens like 100mm f2.8 macro ..

how does the extension tube work?

how does the extension tube work?

The tube is a simple spacer (hollow tube) that fits between the camera body and the back of the lens. It comes in several sizes, can be used with all lenses, and can be used in combination with other tubes to make the image appear larger on film. When you use it in combination with a telephoto lens, it allows you to move closer to your subject and increases both the isolation capabilities and the image size. However you will loose the infinity focusing ..

check out a list of Canon EF lens with extension tube

http://bobatkins.photo.net/info/faq30/closeup.htm

so the extension tube works like a closeup filter? does it decrease the focusing distance or magnify the image?

and price?

so the extension tube works like a closeup filter? does it decrease the focusing distance or magnify the image?

and price?

not sure it works like a closeup filter but it does not provide any quality loss .. it is a hollow tube tt place between the camera and the lens ... yes it does decrease the focusing distance and thus you are allow to focus nearer and your object will look bigger

price ? i think the 3rd party one is about 100++ and Canon one is 2x time more

Status
Not open for further replies.