Closeup +4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdEvA

Sep 1, 2006
etanphotography.com
hey guys, i've just gotten a Hoya closeup +4, wanted to use it together with my sigma70-300 with macro, but cant seem to focus at 200mm..

only managed to find the focu length at 70mm.. anyone can help?

Hi Bro,

Irregardless of what focal length you are using, check your focusing distance with respect to your subject.

Cheers!

errr, Im not an expert Bro. I guess trial and error on that distance. Perhaps same theory when you are using a magnifying glass. My cents of opinion.

have you tried moving closer to the subject?

Hi, I also try using a closeup +4 on my canon 75-300mm lens. You can try to get closer to your subject. But it is super hard to get in focus from any thing more than 100mm even you use manual. So use it at the 70mm end. Or you can try the closeup +4 on a 50mm lens. It give good result. Hope this help...;)

hmm i'm using it on the zoom end cause my macro only available from 200mm to 300mm..

hmm think i shall use it on my kit lens 18-55, or a tamron 17-50 that i'm purchasing soon..

btw if i were to use on 200-300, which should i get? +1 +2 or +3 ??

Thanks

I find that the 70-300mm tend to hunt under low light conditions. In any case, did you toggle the macro switch? Did you make sure that the distance between the lens and the subject is 1m? The minimum focusing distance must be obeyed too.

When you use closeup +4, your object to the lens should be less than 25cm when lens distance at infinity, regardless lens' focal length.

Closeup +4 = focal length = 1 / +4 (in meter) = 25cm.

Regards,
Arto.

hmm i'm using it on the zoom end cause my macro only available from 200mm to 300mm..

hmm think i shall use it on my kit lens 18-55, or a tamron 17-50 that i'm purchasing soon..

btw if i were to use on 200-300, which should i get? +1 +2 or +3 ??

Thanks

If I were you, I'll get the ext tubes instead. Hoya close up +3 and above produces very soft images.:thumbsd: Bad experience from 2 copies, so end up with tubes. No glass element = no degrade in IQ. Only slight loss of light. :)

When you use closeup +4, your object to the lens should be less than 25cm when lens distance at infinity, regardless lens' focal length.

Closeup +4 = focal length = 1 / +4 (in meter) = 25cm.

Regards,
Arto.
Apologies. I thought I saw ND4...

If I were you, I'll get the ext tubes instead. Hoya close up +3 and above produces very soft images.:thumbsd: Bad experience from 2 copies, so end up with tubes. No glass element = no degrade in IQ. Only slight loss of light. :)

how much does a tube cost ?

how much does a tube cost ?

Got mine from CP peninsula via e-quote:

1:Triplus Auto Ext Tube Set @S$166.00 w/o GST

2:Uniplus Tube 25 @S$88.00 w/o GST.

Try emailing them, you mite even get a better quote than me;)

Status
Not open for further replies.