close up lens or close up filters or extension tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bja

Nov 28, 2002
Singapore!
www.flickr.com
Hi, am rather new to all these and have been reading the clubsnap forum and so got to know all these new terms.

Roughly know that all of them reduces the focal distance of the subject that you're taking but am still unsure of how they work and which is better..... Any advise?? :confused:

bja, IMHO you should start with closeup filters. Get a set with different magnifications. You can always stack them, one onto the other.

When you get a bit more serious and want to get closer, then get a proper macro lens. Once again, if you find you get more serious and want to get closer, get a set of tubes.

Take one step at a time, see if you like it and how far or close you would like to get. I would suggest you take it slowly :). Just start with closeup filters. Only IMHO though.

Enjoy and its great that you want to expand your photography :)

Danny.

hi,

jus to add, by the way how much will it cost for a set of ext tubes n those macro filters. n what type should i be getting.

thnx

Spirit,

That sepend on what cam u using and what type of macro u intend to use it on... mayb if u indicate more clearly the member here can help u out better...

Originally posted by macroholic
bja, IMHO you should start with closeup filters. Get a set with different magnifications. You can always stack them, one onto the other.

When you get a bit more serious and want to get closer, then get a proper macro lens. Once again, if you find you get more serious and want to get closer, get a set of tubes.

Take one step at a time, see if you like it and how far or close you would like to get. I would suggest you take it slowly :). Just start with closeup filters. Only IMHO though.

Enjoy and its great that you want to expand your photography :)

Danny.

Hee :) thanks for the recommendation! I just got myself a +4 hoya closeup filter :p hopefully can take some nice pictures soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.