Close Up Lens for FZ8

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper3075

Jul 13, 2007
Jurong West
emuted.multiply.com
Hi, ive been searching around online for the original Panasonic close up lens, DMW-LC55, but i cant seem to find it anywhere..

anyone here knows where i can get this lens in Singapore?

or are there any other brands than could fit onto the FZ8

thanks in advance.

Nikon 3T and 4T if you can find them... both are 52mm and of very high quality at pretty affordable price. otherwise Hoya will do fine.

I don't think you have to worry about the thread size, as when taking macros with close up lens, you will be zooming it, and the edges are usually out of the vignetting areas.

I don't think you need to get a Panasonic ones...more impt is to get the double element close up lens which have better image quality...and of course $. The cheaper single element lens is good for the center of the lens but at the edge, the quality drops.

See here for list of double element lens.
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/erker/closeups.html

Can consider the Raynox 150 or 250,(triple element I think) which clips on to the camera lens easily...if I am not mistaken, the adapter can fit from 55-67mm thread sizes.

I don't think you have to worry about the thread size, as when taking macros with close up lens, you will be zooming it, and the edges are usually out of the vignetting areas.

I don't think you need to get a Panasonic ones...more impt is to get the double element close up lens which have better image quality...and of course $. The cheaper single element lens is good for the center of the lens but at the edge, the quality drops.

See here for list of double element lens.
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/erker/closeups.html

Can consider the Raynox 150 or 250,(triple element I think) which clips on to the camera lens easily...if I am not mistaken, the adapter can fit from 55-67mm thread sizes.

i used to have the Raynox 250 on my FZ7...can fit

does it need any adapter?

Hi reaper3075,

Does your FZ8 come with a supplied adapter? You can get it from McGill if you don't have. :)

DCR-250 will fit to your cam definitely.

Please check details here if keen:
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI...m=250135256108&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=015

Very limited stock. Can purchase there immediately. Only COD or funds transfer, no credit cards allowed for local sales.

Cheers,
Jim, McGill.

Hi reaper3075,

Does your FZ8 come with a supplied adapter? You can get it from McGill if you don't have. :)

DCR-250 will fit to your cam definitely.

Please check details here if keen:
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI...m=250135256108&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=015

Very limited stock. Can purchase there immediately. Only COD or funds transfer, no credit cards allowed for local sales.

Cheers,
Jim, McGill.

Hi Jim..

the only adapter i have is for the lens hood.. not sure whether the DCR-250 can snap on there..

btw, how much is the adapter u have?

will definitely consider the raynox DCR-250 as ive seen some impressive results.. :)

Hi Jim..

the only adapter i have is for the lens hood.. not sure whether the DCR-250 can snap on there..

btw, how much is the adapter u have?

will definitely consider the raynox DCR-250 as ive seen some impressive results.. :)

Hi reaper3075,

Thanks for your reply.

The adapter you have should be good enough. We have the Raynox one at S$45 though if you want to upgrade. Very good quality.

Yes, the DCR-250 is selling very well both in Singapore and Malaysia. You should consider it before stock runs out again. ;p

Cheers,
Jim, McGill.

Hi reaper3075,

Thanks for your reply.

The adapter you have should be good enough. We have the Raynox one at S$45 though if you want to upgrade. Very good quality.

Yes, the DCR-250 is selling very well both in Singapore and Malaysia. You should consider it before stock runs out again. ;p

Cheers,
Jim, McGill.

Great. Will contact you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.