Close up lens for C750

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmouse

Jul 10, 2003
spore
img9.photobucket.com
Hi;

I am really amazed by those macro photos posted at the macro/close upo galleries.

Could anyone recommend a good close up lens ( +4 )? What is the cost and its estimated focus distance when used with C750?

The Super macro mode built in on the cam is too close (3-7 cm.) and most insect would disappear before I could get close enough and focus.

I am using the Hoya +4. Apparently there will be distortions at the edges but I guess it will do for me now.

The cost is about $14 for a brand new one. Focus distance will be around 20-25 cm away.

Originally posted by NiVleK
I am using the Hoya +4. Apparently there will be distortions at the edges but I guess it will do for me now.

The cost is about $14 for a brand new one. Focus distance will be around 20-25 cm away.

So did u compare the distortion at less zoom vs full zoom vs super macro mode?

May be 1/2 zoom at +4 or full zoom at + 2 may be better combination?

The distortions are really quite hard to notice for using only one +4... but I got greedy and used 2... soooooo... its kinda obvious with 2 +4 stacked.

Originally posted by bigmouse
So did u compare the distortion at less zoom vs full zoom vs super macro mode?

May be 1/2 zoom at +4 or full zoom at + 2 may be better combination?

By the way, any idea how much canon 250D cost?

The distortions are really quite hard to notice for using only one +4... but I got greedy and used 2... soooooo... its kinda obvious with 2 +4 stacked.

How to tell +4 or +6 on your photos in your " Humble Gallery using the Olympus C750uz "

$110 like that if I am not wrong..

CP quoted me ~$170 w/gst (as a walk-in customer) for a 58mm one ard a month ago. anywhere that sells cheaper?:dunno:

Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
CP quoted me ~$170 w/gst (as a walk-in customer) for a 58mm one ard a month ago. anywhere that sells cheaper?:dunno:

Try doing an equote at MS color or CP. I was given that $110+ price by some other ppl so I can confirm it. :)

If I am not wrong, Canon 250D comes in 3 sizes right?

Way out of my budget... Any cheaper make with double element?

heard Megaweb recommend Nikon3/4/5/6 T .. are they cheaper or more ex than 250D?

Way out of my budget... Any cheaper make with double element?

heard Megaweb recommend Nikon3/4/5/6 T .. are they cheaper or more ex than 250D?

I am finding out about that too! :D

Any kind fellows to guide these blind mices here? :D

Is it hard to focus at full zoom (10x) with +4 close up filter?

I was kinda not used to it at the beginning but it became easier as you take more photos.

Lens quality is very important. Hope 250D is over kill and there are cheaper lens that match C750 since its not DSLR class.

Lens quality is very important. Hope 250D is over kill and there are cheaper lens that match C750 since its not DSLR class.

Definitely.. I am hoping for that too. :D

I was lucky that I was able to get one at $100 w/gst at mscolors a few months ago when I bought the dry cab from them too.

I am finding out about that too! :D

Any kind fellows to guide these blind mices here? :D

Can across this from another tread... The Hoya and Nikon 4T is about 1/2 of 250D's price. But Nikon 4T only +3. Is it enough to satisfy your crave for super macro? If not need to stack more $

Also; check out the hoya lens as well: http://www.camerastore.com/cat_003_hoya/003closeup.html

Wryer

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 233mmx
as requested
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

But people, pls do contribute to this price thingy. Let me start off, hopefully the threadstarter has time to update his webbie!

1) Hoya Macro Lens: $45
2) Nikon T4 Macro Lens: $49
3) Canon 250D Macro Lens: $99

All for MScolour, equote.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Can across this from another tread... The Hoya and Nikon 4T is about 1/2 of 250D's price. But Nikon 4T only +3. Is it enough to satisfy your crave for super macro? If not need to stack more $

Also; check out the hoya lens as well: http://www.camerastore.com/cat_003_hoya/003closeup.html

Wryer

quote:
Originally posted by 233mmx
as requested

Thanks!

But people, pls do contribute to this price thingy. Let me start off, hopefully the threadstarter has time to update his webbie!

1) Hoya Macro Lens: $45
2) Nikon T4 Macro Lens: $49
3) Canon 250D Macro Lens: $99

All for MScolour, equote.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I am using the Hoya +4 already. That Hoya macro lens that close $45 is actually a +10. Hoya term this as a macro lens. I did a recent equote for it too. The price is $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.