Close-up from afar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnage

Feb 26, 2005
Ang Mo Kio
Hi guys! There's this question that I've seen some people post but haven't had a satisfactory answer for me:

Can you stack a close-up filter (e.g. 6T) with a teleconvertor (e.g. TCON17) onto the FZ-20? If can, what would the combination be like?

FZ-20 --> Phayee adaptor --> 6T --> step-down ring --> TCON17

or

FZ-20 --> Phayee adaptor --> step-down ring --> TCON17 --> (possibly another step ring) --> 6T

Can this be used anot? Or will the image just be a blur? :think:

karnage said:
Hi guys! There's this question that I've seen some people post but haven't had a satisfactory answer for me:

Can you stack a close-up filter (e.g. 6T) with a teleconvertor (e.g. TCON17) onto the FZ-20? If can, what would the combination be like?

FZ-20 --> Phayee adaptor --> 6T --> step-down ring --> TCON17

or

FZ-20 --> Phayee adaptor --> step-down ring --> TCON17 --> (possibly another step ring) --> 6T

Can this be used anot? Or will the image just be a blur? :think:

good question..

i am also interested to know..

anyone ?? :bigeyes:

During my time using prosumer cam with following setup

FujiFilm S602z --> Adaptor --> +4 close-up filter --> 1.5x TeleConverter

This gave me a working distance of approx. 20cm if I remember correctly.

Result:
aai.jpg

i saw this set up on the peramaal website;) to get this result ... bought the PD62 from them too ;) hope it helps ;) ;)

malkw said:
During my time using prosumer cam with following setup

FujiFilm S602z --> Adaptor --> +4 close-up filter --> 1.5x TeleConverter

This gave me a working distance of approx. 20cm if I remember correctly.

Hmm... so if without the TCON, the normal working distance would be about 12cm+ since your TCON is 1.5x? Is it calculate that way one? What about stacking the +4 after the TCON? Does it yield the same result, anyone? I currently own a 6T & a Hoya +4... intending to get a TCON17 soon... haha!

Hi guys! I got my B300 at last! Just found abit of time to test out the combo above. Did the following method:

FZ-20 --> Phayee adaptor --> Hoya +4 --> step-down ring --> B300

Got the following results:

Hoya-_4.jpg

Hoya +4 w/o B300 @ 12x

Hoya-_4-_-TCON17.jpg

Hoya +4 w B300 @ 12x

Funny... how come the one with B300 has a smaller image? Both pics taken @ 12x with internal flash f2.8 1/30s, uncropped, unPSed, nothing. Just snap, download, upload.

Also, I should say that with Hoya +4, the working distance was approximately 23cm and with Hoya +4 + B300, the working distance is approximately 52cm. So yeah, this works! Of course, out in the field, it'd be most advisable to use a tripod...

hmmm dude.. i see nothing..
maybe it's just me..

Status
Not open for further replies.