close up filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

roti_prata

Jul 31, 2005
Bt Batok
i've been seeing much of these. nikon 5t, 6t, canon 500d. how effective r these and wat r the side effects? do they darken the lens like polarizers do? lets say i hav a 85/1.8 and put on a close up filter, how would tis compare with a tamron 90/2.8? wat is meant by the diopter power? my tokina 28-80 focuses to 50cm, i put on a 6t, how close can i focus now?

roti_prata said:
i've been seeing much of these. nikon 5t, 6t, canon 500d. how effective r these and wat r the side effects? do they darken the lens like polarizers do? lets say i hav a 85/1.8 and put on a close up filter, how would tis compare with a tamron 90/2.8? wat is meant by the diopter power? my tokina 28-80 focuses to 50cm, i put on a 6t, how close can i focus now?

i'm using a 2x 4t filters. its pretty darn effective with my sigma 70-300 apo. i managed to fill the whole frame with 1cm. side effect is corners tend to be a little distorted, but not by much. i dont know how it'll compare with the those lenses cuz i never tried any of them. do a search on diopter power online as i cant give u a good enough explanation myself. likewise for the calculation.

with my 2x 4t at 300mm i can focus at about 15cm from the subject.

hmm...so 6t focuses closer thn 5t which is closer thn 4t? thn y shd i get a 4t instead of a 6t?

Moved thread to a more appropriate location.

Ian
Nikon Forum Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.