Close-up Filter Pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traumen

Feb 10, 2004
Hougang
Hey guys, I'm planning to get a set of close-up filters (62mm) for my FZ20.
Any idea what's the average price? Don't wanna get chopped by the shops, lol.

Thanks in advance.

why don't you call up CP, AP or MS Color for a quote on the price :)

My reason for not calling the stores is because I don't believe they'll disclose the best price through a phone call, correct me if I'm wrong.

A forum's meant to share ideas and information, but anyway, thanks for the tip casey.

Actually i think if we have a update list of price of each product. It be good for us. But it might be bad for them :p

At least u roughly know wat price will it be when u call. Unless you are at the shop and wanted to buy, then they will discuss further more. e.g discount. :) Good luck. ;)

Actually on top of this, sometimes the price maybe different between different sale persons or the time you go. One suggestion is to go when there is less people in the shop.

Cheers
John

For AP/CP/MS Color, when you send an email (e-quotation) to them they will always give you the best price (at least to my cases).

Another method to get the price is to look at www.bhphtoovideo.com prices as reference. For Hoya brand filters, multiply the US prices by about 1.6-1.7x, that should be the price you going to pay for in SGD MAX. B+W brand filters, multiply by 1.4-1.5x of the US price, that is the price you going to pay for in SGD MAX.

Say this B+W CP sold at BHPhoto, US$114.95 which is like SG$190, but I can get in CP at about SG$165 (like US$114.95 x 1.45). B+W is made in Germany so exporting to US tends to be more expensive than to SG IMO (I think lah).

Hi guys...

For those guys interested in 6T, i call TK photos this afternoon. They say can order for 6T about 70 dollars, they have 5T available now about the same price. The problem with ordering 6T is that they take about 1 mth to arrive as it is usually out of stock.

I have nothing to do with TK photos, so don't come and flame me.

Cheers...

HJ - Thanks for the prices. I think they serve as a very useful guide for people who might need them :)

traumen said:
Hey guys, I'm planning to get a set of close-up filters (62mm) for my FZ20.
Any idea what's the average price? Don't wanna get chopped by the shops, lol.

Thanks in advance.

Don't have any 62mm filters but I got a 72mm Hoya +4 for S$45.00 from Song Bros last year.

AncientMariner said:
Don't have any 62mm filters but I got a 72mm Hoya +4 for S$45.00 from Song Bros last year.

Should be around there. I bought my 72mm +3 and +4 from AP for a total of $90.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
Should be around there. I bought my 72mm +3 and +4 from AP for a total of $90.

Cheers
John

john.. correction...

ur +4 is now my property...

hehehe...

thanks for the meet up that nite..

yes, it's abt $45 for 72mm +4. Price got from AP on last DEC.
Very Ex to me, as i'm don't often use it. Very busy recently, no time to play with my FZ20.
Mayb thinking of buying 2nd hand...hehehee....If you know anyone selling, let me know ya. Going for shooting during this May and June holiday. :bsmilie:

weekend can play liaoz what. Must wait till holiday. then very sad.

Shierly said:
yes, it's abt $45 for 72mm +4. Price got from AP on last DEC.
Very Ex to me, as i'm don't often use it. Very busy recently, no time to play with my FZ20.
Mayb thinking of buying 2nd hand...hehehee....If you know anyone selling, let me know ya. Going for shooting during this May and June holiday. :bsmilie:

aiyo... I just sold to Kennethe for $25 :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: But still have 1 +3 Close Up with me.

Cheers
John

I got a Emoblitz Flash to sell too... DS328AZ... Can bounce can swiel... whahaa...

Opps OT... haaa...

natnivek said:
How much? My friend wants to get a flash...

Yo Kevin, you gangster lar, OT still ask for quote tsk tsk..
Anyways hor its only 1 month old, good can swivel horizontally and bounce.
Only $45 as of last time i saw the post on B/S. BUY BUY BUY

Haha... You lagi big gangster! Peddling for Hong Jia in an OT! ;)

Ok lah... I'll bring this underground. I'll pm Hong Jia then... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.