Close Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Pepper

Jun 30, 2003
Visit site
Taken at the Planthouse this morning.

Damselflies are not as easy subject as dragonflies, esp. when you talk about ‘head and shoulder' shot. They are smaller, less tolerant and not territorial. Don’t give them any reason to fly for they will not return to the same perch.

Inspired by THIS

F/22, 1/4s, ISO200, fill flash (Uncropped)
Tamron 180 + 25mm Ext Tube + 500D

46948-large-IMG_7679x.jpg

Another great one.:thumbsup:

As the title suggests, that's close enough. :thumbsup: How close is the lens to the damselfly? Did it get blinded by the flash? :bsmilie:

Sgt... I take my hats off.... have to give it to you man...and I know how hard it is with Damselflies!

Cheers!

wooo! :thumbsup: how close were the subject and did you have to use a macro flash? I supposed you're on tripod? How you managed to set up the tripod without scaring it!

Awesome. I can only imagine the level of difficulty.

i'm impressed, great work! this is tough!

Edsel,

Simply stunning shot. :thumbsup: Can only imagine the level of difficulty focusing with your experimental setup, let alone positioning the entire thing. Well done!!!

Tamron 180 + 25mm Ext Tube + 500D!!!???

Is this your normal setting or just for this particular shot? This can get you very close.... :sweat:

Thanks for all your comments!

The lens-to-subject distance was more or less 6-7 inches.

hwchoy: I didnt use a ring flash, my flash was mounted on normal horizontal flash bracket connected to the tripod collar.

sumball: Do you mean setting or setup? It all varies depending on the what I'm shooting. Actually this setup wont cut the min focusing distance much, it's just a 25mm ext tube. 500D on macro lens will just magnify the subject but not necessarily decreasing the MFD.

Rgds, :)

the eyes man, the eyes...so close!...super shot... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.