Clone me, baby... Yongnuo's clone of Canon 50mm/f1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
i ran out of words of shock to even begin to describe this...
Faint.gif

http://petapixel.com/2014/09/25/yon...ar-perfect-clone-canon-50mm-f1-4/#more-146447

Interesting. When it is out, can go and get one and test it for a while. Maybe quality is quite good, like their flash.

:think:
first - clone flash
now - clone lenses
next thing we know, made in China dSLR bodies
:bsmilie:

actually if it is cheap enough, i might just get one to play with. if only they can start cloning the 70-200/2.8 lenses from canikon... :bsmilie:

:think:
first - clone flash
now - clone lenses
next thing we know, made in China dSLR bodies
:bsmilie:

Er... u mean you don't know, most DSLR bodies are made in china?

;)

Oops, I do know that most stuff are made in China now, what I meant was China copies of major brand dSLR's

If the final quality is as good as the original for lesser price, I wonder why not?

actually if it is cheap enough, i might just get one to play with. if only they can start cloning the 70-200/2.8 lenses from canikon... :bsmilie:

And the 16-35 and 24-70 :bsmilie:

Maybe one day there will also be Yongnuo 5D Mk4 :)

Frankly speaking... it speak no sense to clone a camera body and sell it under China's own brand name. From what I see, most of what many of these companies do is to clone and make product from popular brands and sell it under their own brand name (while compatible with the main body of the brand they are cloning from) at a cheaper price. Lenses and flashes and other camera accessories, yes, they can make a killing, because original products cost a bomb and so people would go for third party products.

However, if it was a camera body, I doubt they will achieve the same type of sales... Unless they are branded also as Canon, and sell it illegally like what they do in the past and even now with mobile phone. But unlike mobilephone, manufacturing of camera is much more expensive and the profit margin is much lower. So... yeah, it really is no point. However, if anyone wonder if china actually has its own interchangeable lens camera... the answer is yes... not popular and most probably dead already, but they do have it.

Ambitious eh, AF on their very first lens. So many things could go wrong. I'd rather they go the Samyang/Rokkinon route first – Do MF and do it well. Wonder what kind of corners they have had to cut in order to make this cheap (assuming it is, otherwise who would buy it?).

IIRC, the consumer range of bodies for canikons are made in China (not like it surprises me).

Just searched up on Wiki. The D3300 is made in Japan. D5300 is made in Thailand. 700D is made in Japan too.
I only know Nikon manufactures lenses in China though.

Just searched up on Wiki. The D3300 is made in Japan. D5300 is made in Thailand. 700D is made in Japan too.
I only know Nikon manufactures lenses in China though.

Here's one answer:

Where are Nikon cameras and lenses made?
The D4 and D800 FX bodies and the Coolpix A are made and assembled in Sendai, Japan.
The D600 FX body, all DX bodies, and some DX and FX lenses are made and assembled in Ayuthaya, Thailand. In the near future, Nikon will add production in nearby Laos, as well.
Nikon 1 (CX) bodies and lenses are made and assembled in Wuxi, China.
High specification glass and lenses are made and assembled in Tochigi, Japan.
Coolpix and some lower end consumer lenses are made in several plants in China.

Parts for these products (e.g. LCDs, sensors, semiconductors, etc.) may come from other vendors, places, and countries.

Jun 17, 2013, 5:07 PM

http://www.dslrbodies.com/nikon/about-nikon/nikon-faq/where-are-nikon-cameras-and.html

Here's one answer:

Where are Nikon cameras and lenses made?
The D4 and D800 FX bodies and the Coolpix A are made and assembled in Sendai, Japan.
The D600 FX body, all DX bodies, and some DX and FX lenses are made and assembled in Ayuthaya, Thailand. In the near future, Nikon will add production in nearby Laos, as well.
Nikon 1 (CX) bodies and lenses are made and assembled in Wuxi, China.

High specification glass and lenses are made and assembled in Tochigi, Japan.
Coolpix and some lower end consumer lenses are made in several plants in China.

Parts for these products (e.g. LCDs, sensors, semiconductors, etc.) may come from other vendors, places, and countries.

Jun 17, 2013, 5:07 PM

http://www.dslrbodies.com/nikon/abou...meras-and.html

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Last edited:
alright... i originally start the thread to let people know of the option from yongnuo in the future. there is no need to go into a debate about MIC vs MIJ vs MIT cameras. so long as it works, IMO, i dun care where it comes from. the debate is moot due to the global supply chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.