Climbing the Human Spirit - An Everest Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefen

Apr 26, 2003
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
Climbing the Human Spirit - An Everest Journey Exhibition

Come on an amazing visual journey as Stefen takes you into the heart of mountaineering and to the top of the world.

Initiated three years ago, the NUS Centennial Everest Team underwent intensive training in Singapore as well as through seven overseas expeditions before embarking on Mount Everest in Spring 2005.

During this adventure, Stefen and his team mates displayed tenacity and courage, suffered set-backs and faced possible death, underwent self-discovery and cultural immersion.

These photographs encapsulate the essence of an experience that changed their lives.

About the photographer

Stefen Chow, born 1980, started extreme photography four years ago when he started climbing in the Himalayas. He finds joy and satisfaction in juggling the risks of mountaineering and the capturing of the emotion of the moment.

Stefen's works have since been displayed in publications and closed exhibitions. They have also been marketed overseas.

Besides being a photographer, Stefen is also a motivational speaker for corporations and educational organizations.

This is Stefen's first solo public exhibition.

Details as follows

Venue: 7th Level, Lee Kong Chian National Library @ bugis
Time: Opening hours of the National Library
Dates: 16th December 2005 - 7th January 2006

I will also be conducting a workshop/lecture at the National Library on the 17th December 2005 titled "How to screw an ice screw" :think:

Do support support ah...

Stefen said:
I will also be conducting a workshop/lecture at the National Library on the 17th December 2005 titled "How to screw an ice screw" :think:

Do support support ah...

hmmm, stefen.... the innuendos are endless.... :think: :bsmilie:

congrats on ur 1st solo exhibition! btw, wat time is the lecture on sat? will definitely come down to view (esp my fav pic), if all goes well. :thumbsup:

Had the privilege of seeing your works and the amazing mountains at the Orchid Country Club a couple of days ago. Awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This exhibition is a MUST GO!!!

Ups for you bro!

Thanks!

i am not so sure about the timings for the talk yet...but the title is set already. Will update as it goes.. ;)

Thanks for the positive response on my talks! I am glad you like it. Do ask your students to come down as well!

Stefen , need any registration or not ? Will go down support u ~!

er...i dun't think so.

i will have to get back to you on that...

as far as i know, it is a lecture, so it is more of a walk in.

the programme is also up already. there will definitely be a tour of the exhibition after that...

Programme: How to Screw an Ice Screw: the marvels of Himalayan Climbing Gear
Date: 17/12/2005 Presenter: Stefen Chow
Time: 2.30pm – 4.30pm Branch: Lee Kong Chian Reference Library
- Level 5 - Possibility
Subject: Recreation & Travel
Medium: English Admission: Free admission

Join Stefen for an interesting and interactive workshop on the technical details and designs of mountaineering gear used on Everest. You will get to touch and feel the various gear Stefen had used in his expeditions and participate in hands-on activities on gear designing. Stefen will also compare similar gear used in real and reel life.

Some of the most extreme images i ever seen !

defintely a must go !

Stefen said:
This coming Saturday is the last day..... :bwhat:

hi, stefen! just went down to view ur exhibition this afternoon. too bad din get a chance to say hi cos u were busy explaning the details of ur expedition to a lady visitor.

lovely pics! those who haven't go, pls do! tomorrow is the last day. :thumbsup:

nightwolf75 said:
hi, stefen! just went down to view ur exhibition this afternoon. too bad din get a chance to say hi cos u were busy explaning the details of ur expedition to a lady visitor.

lovely pics! those who haven't go, pls do! tomorrow is the last day. :thumbsup:

hey,

sorry i didn't see you! should have just yell a hi over... I would have responded...:)

The exhibition is now officially over. Thanks for all your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.