Clifford Pier to be demolished? is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenscapes

Apr 28, 2004
is another national structure going to be demolish? heard and read it
somewhere..now sure if it is true or not? :dunno:
if they keep tearing down all these buildings, there won't be any recognisable one around anymore.

Sad, but unfortunately in a progressing society we would have to do that. else you won't have the orchard road that you have today, most of the buildings are there in place of something which has been demolised..

I'm waiting for the day Orchard Road gets demolished :bsmilie:

Progress!!! For the good of the nation WE MUST PROGRESS!!!
*compassionless*

lol

Yes Clifford Pier would move. A new pier building is being built at Marina South.

BUT the current Clifford Pier would be preserved. To be redeveloped, instead is the Overseas Union House beside it. ;) ;) ;)

HOWEVER it wouldn't be a pier anymore once the Marina Barrage is complete.

espn said:
I'm waiting for the day Orchard Road gets demolished :bsmilie:
in the last 20 years, they already demolished the shaw building, the ngee ann building, the orchard cinema building, the cathay cinema building, nothing much left actually...

Astin said:
in the last 20 years, they already demolished the shaw building, the ngee ann building, the orchard cinema building, the cathay cinema building, nothing much left actually...
There's still Lucky Plaza to demolish, Tangs, and others.

Astin said:

MacDonald House area, got some old buildings. Very colourful.
Perenakan Place, Orchard Emerald, Emerald Hill, Istana, Chee Guan Chiang House, India House (India High Commission), SANA House, Tudor Court.....

Still numerous heritage buildings at Orchard Road area! ;)

Astin said:

Oh, Scotts Shopping Centre would be demolished and redeveloped, too. :(

redstone said:
Oh, Scotts Shopping Centre would be demolished and redeveloped, too. :(

Eh... you miss out Far East Plaza and Liat Towers including that Mother and son fountain.

Think they'll build condos around there, Thats what they do best! Build more condos, that is half vacant with occupants! haha;p

nooch said:
Eh... you miss out Far East Plaza and Liat Towers including that Mother and son fountain.

Think they'll build condos around there, Thats what they do best! Build more condos, that is half vacant with occupants! haha;p
Those condos are meant for the expats I believe ;p

redstone said:
MacDonald House area, got some old buildings. Very colourful.
Perenakan Place, Orchard Emerald, Emerald Hill, Istana, Chee Guan Chiang House, India House (India High Commission), SANA House, Tudor Court.....

Still numerous heritage buildings at Orchard Road area! ;)
shhh, these are our little secret for outdoor photography locations bro.

Astin said:
at this rate, i think i will live to see the Istana being demolished too......

Go, go, go. Destroy! Wreck! Demolish! Destruct! Mass Destruction! Kill-kill-kill!!!!

Sorry I think I'd gone nuts over all these demolishing... :embarass:

Astin said:
shhh, these are our little secret for outdoor photography locations bro.

Still got many other heritage places around Orchard. There's a beautiful little villa at 90 Cuscaden Road. ;)

Note: Do not photograph India House, you would get mistaken for a terrorist! :bsmilie:

And they wonder why people "have no sense of belonging" here. All the places you associate with, if it ain't gone, it will be soon.

Place you grew up as a kid.
Place you went to school.
Place you hung out as a teenager.
Place you had first date.

More likely than not, now no more already (or completely changed).

what to do, singapore so small,

road area is already = hdb area.

as the saying goes, old one dont go, new one dont come.

really miss climbing the "stone" hill in the "stone" factory at hougang kampong where i use to visit my gandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.