Client loses CD of source files and requires a new one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
What would you do?

You shot an event for a corporate customer, and 2 months later they call u and say, we've lost the CD!!! help!!

Would you charge them for it? Or give them another copy out of goodwill? or anything else you would do?

Are there any particular reasons why you would not want to give a replacement copy to them?

jOhO said:
no one wanna give an opinion of wat they'd do? :dunno:

Corporate customer? Juz charge them for da new CD loh?

vince123123 said:
Are there any particular reasons why you would not want to give a replacement copy to them?
actually i do want to give them another copy FOC, they just have to send the courier over.

but i mentioned this to someone and they quickly told me, CHARGE THEM!!!!!

i was like huh? really?? for a CD??????

but of course there are other reasons for that person's "advise" which er, i won't talk about here, just in case someone from that organisation reads this..

You sure you wanna know my reply?

CHARGE.

espn said:
You sure you wanna know my reply?

CHARGE.
ahhaah from u i'm not surprised ;p

ok valid opinion entirely....

now i ask u? HOW MUCH? if just for the CD and the burning, (few dollars at most 10 for CD and time?), why bother? ehehhehe...

Maybe out of goodwill... juz burn and ask them to get it from you lor...
Good relationship with customer will bring u more business... but of course not always lah..

Juz my opinion... ;p

i think out of goodwill should not charge.
But how much do u want to charge them for it?
A few hundreds? or a few tens?
if it's a few tens? then i say forget about it.

I think you should sell them, how much? depends on how many photos are in that CD.

Provided that if this is a long term customer. I don't mind spend another CD for them FOC. If they are going to give me more jobs.

i guess it depends on "do u see potential in this client?"
if you do, perhaps give them foc and establish goodwill..
if you don't, u can either charge them like $10? or arrange a meeting over coffee, they treat u coffee u give them cd lo... hehe

I'd give them free. For all you know, they could refer new customers to you. :)

These days, if I pass CDs down, I'd tell them to keep it properly as I cannot promise I have a copy with me. This is to safeguard myself since my backups can fail, and makes them think about doing a backup themselves.

If you are providing a good service, you should give them the CD free if you still have the images.

Yeah, I agree with melvin, give them a CD copy, the impression they have of you is important, but give it out of your heart :).

They can give your name to other potential customers is a good side-effect, what is a few dollars in this case? They already paid for the images after all?

HS

wow.. thanx all.. ahah

thanx for reaffirming what i initially thought. i mean i wouldn't go so far as to say i have a good heart and by this gesture i'll get more business from them... to me it was like.. one cd, i burn u come collect, no big deal.... even if u dun come back for more business also like dat lor...

cos i was taken aback by my fren who just about INSISTED i charge. i was wondering issit i did something wrong (or out of the ordinary)? ahhahaha

bleah..

ok now waiting for them to advise me when their courier would come. :)

jOhO said:
wow.. thanx all.. ahah

thanx for reaffirming what i initially thought. i mean i wouldn't go so far as to say i have a good heart and by this gesture i'll get more business from them... to me it was like.. one cd, i burn u come collect, no big deal.... even if u dun come back for more business also like dat lor...

cos i was taken aback by my fren who just about INSISTED i charge. i was wondering issit i did something wrong (or out of the ordinary)? ahhahaha

bleah..

ok now waiting for them to advise me when their courier would come. :)
Always, follow your heart! This is something an old friend told me......don't worry about what others say.......

hongsien said:
Always, follow your heart! This is something an old friend told me......don't worry about what others say.......
hehe thanx! of course u're right, but my friend (not just any "other" person) was so insistant that i was like shocked.. ahahah

but i also do know why she said that lar.. abit biased but anyway that's another story not to be told here.. hehehe

thanx again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.