Clear Plastic Battery Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kevin
Blitz, according to Leslie from John3:16, The charger can charge any NiMH re-chargeble battery but if you use GP, it get very hot (won't explode lah). If you use Sanyo then not so hot. He doesn't know why, just empirical statistic! ;)

If my memory on electrical engineering still intact, the reason why the GP gets hot might be due to the GP batteries are having lower internal impedance then the Sanyo/Oly batteries. In this case the GP will draw much higher current then the others and hence generating more heat. :)

lower impedance is generally better for batteries. Instead of a lower impedance, it might be the GP batteries have a higher resistance as most of the chargers deliver a fixed current to the batteries during charging. With I fixed, the power would be I*I*R. The higher resistance, the more power and more heat generated.

it mght simply be the material used by GP to encase their batteries do not allow efficient heat transfer :p

Originally posted by azone

I see.. with air-con, of course won't get so hot.

So expensive! Enough to get 3 sets of GP 1800mAh. :D

According to John 3:16, the Olympus batteries are really good. They can really last longer then Sanyo or GP batteries.

Originally posted by duckling

According to John 3:16, the Olympus batteries are really good. They can really last longer then Sanyo or GP batteries.

True that they will last longer than the rest of the competition, but still IMO, 2 sets of Sanyo (ard $30) will very much outlast 1 set of olympus. So its not cost-effective to get the olympus ones. ;) Moreover, NiMH batts dun last very long. Give them 1 year and their lifespans will start to dwindle significantly. Unless the olympus ones are Li-ion types, then its worth considering! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.