Cleanup - Rain / Open Sea trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahandre

Mar 12, 2007
Earth
www.flickr.com
Hi All.

How do you clean the body/lens when raindrops (not heavy) fall to body/lens body, and also fine water-splashes from the sea ?

Just curious since last week I was in Phuket and to my surprise, there're some guys bringing their DSLR on canoe to Hong Island @ Phanga Bay. It's raining and these guys still snapping pictures even hand out the DSLR to the paddler (the paddler have extensive exposure to salt water when paddling).

I was only brave enough to bring my compact, protected inside waterproof bag.

Just curious since last week I was in Phuket and to my surprise, there're some guys bringing their DSLR on canoe to Hong Island @ Phanga Bay. It's raining and these guys still snapping pictures even hand out the DSLR to the paddler (the paddler have extensive exposure to salt water when paddling).

erm... do you mean kayaking from phuket island to koh hong? isn't that like, far? so far i've only seen people use ziploc or underwater casing. haven't seen people use DSLR on a kayak - you'll be subject to the waves - won't it be blurry?

erm... do you mean kayaking from phuket island to koh hong? isn't that like, far? so far i've only seen people use ziploc or underwater casing. haven't seen people use DSLR on a kayak - you'll be subject to the waves - won't it be blurry?

Actually it's boat ride to Ko Hong, and then they deployed canoes each with paddlers and two passengers.

Went under the very low-height cave during low tide, so all passengers have to lie down otherwise your head will hit the rocks. Inside the cave, there is small lagoon with mangroves trees. You can walk there since the water is only 10 cm high.

It's beautiful, hence many people try to take pics there (I don't dare, will take pics when i am going there again on sunny day).

Anyway just curious on how do they clean the DSLR for that kind of water / salt water vapour / rain exposure ?

Anyway just curious on how do they clean the DSLR for that kind of water / salt water vapour / rain exposure ?

how i do it at least is to give it a wipe down with dry cloth. if got salt remnants can try those wet tissue kind, after that use dry cloth.

oh, and after such exposure, leave in aircon room to air dry. don't stuff it into you bag.

how i do it at least is to give it a wipe down with dry cloth. if got salt remnants can try those wet tissue kind, after that use dry cloth.

oh, and after such exposure, leave in aircon room to air dry. don't stuff it into you bag.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.