Cleaning solutions on air travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoxknocks

Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
www.tinydotphotography.com
Wanted to check if anyone's got experience/problems bringing Eclipse cleaning solution on board a plane in their camera bags since it's a solvent?

It's technically against regulations right?

Thanks!

Technically, Visible Dust's sensor brush does not use alchol and sensor clean is non-alcoholic. www.visibledust.com

knoxknocks said:
Wanted to check if anyone's got experience/problems bringing Eclipse cleaning solution on board a plane in their camera bags since it's a solvent?

It's technically against regulations right?

Thanks!

I had a hardly used bottle of Eclipse solution taken from me as I was about to board a domestic flight within New Zealand. Worst of all is that they do not have a system to retain the item for a while before throwing it away...

Wow didn't know they are so careful checking for this now. I guess compressed air is also out of the question :(

Actually the water they serve you in the little plastic cups (ok I always fly economy) is also a solvent. In fact, it's a universal solvent.

StreetShooter said:
Actually the water they serve you in the little plastic cups (ok I always fly economy) is also a solvent. In fact, it's a universal solvent.

Its not solvents that they're worried about, but flammable liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.