Cleaning of rear glass element

Status
Not open for further replies.

wong1979

Aug 16, 2005
Hi, I just bought a EFS 17-85mm from a fellow CSer. All else is good except for dust specks on the rear element surface, I suspect these are cigarette ash and some may have stuck onto it despite blowing. Can I use a lint free cloth to clean just like the front element? TIA..

wong1979 said:
Hi, I just bought a EFS 17-85mm from a fellow CSer. All else is good except for dust specks on the rear element surface, I suspect these are cigarette ash and some may have stuck onto it despite blowing. Can I use a lint free cloth to clean just like the front element? TIA..

You can also use a lens tissue.

Yup, but its different ffrom cleaning the front, where the front won't get any dust to get inside. With the rear cleaning, I'm just worried that it may get inside and that would be impossible to clean...well guessed I just have to be careful...Thx

wong1979 said:
Yup, but its different ffrom cleaning the front, where the front won't get any dust to get inside. With the rear cleaning, I'm just worried that it may get inside and that would be impossible to clean...well guessed I just have to be careful...Thx

Everytime i clean the elements clean with my lens tissue of microfiber cloth, i use my blower to blow off any remaining dust on it.

do you guys prefer to clean it wet or dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.