Cleaning of DSLR body and lens

stingsting

Oct 21, 2009
Hi everyone,

Just to check if anyone knows where i can get my DSLR body and lens clean up? Cause there seems to be some dust inside!

If possible...can provide me with the shop name...location of the shop and the estimated price to clean up there?....tks! =)

Cheers and Merry Xmas!

Hi everyone,

Just to check if anyone knows where i can get my DSLR body and lens clean up? Cause there seems to be some dust inside!

If possible...can provide me with the shop name...location of the shop and the estimated price to clean up there?....tks! =)

Cheers and Merry Xmas!

You can bring it down to your camera brand's respective service centre. Price is around 20 something to 30 dollars.

You can bring it down to your camera brand's respective service centre. Price is around 20 something to 30 dollars.

Even without warranty?

Alternatively, since you say its just dust, why not do a mirror lockup and use a blower to see if you can remove the dust and save money?

cleaning of sensor from service center is around $20-$30.
like what spree86 had mentioned, try blowing your sensor with a blower to see if it removes the dust, if it still persist, then send it down for cleaning.

cleaning of lens will cost much more, starting from $80 (if i'm not wrong).
if it's just slight dust, just leave with it, as it will just come back again. dust is everywhere :D

Hi, any particular blower or material preferred for cleaning and what to avoid. Don't want to make thing worse. If possible recommend where to purchase those items. I know typical photography shop but a reliable and reasonable price shop you have experienced.

Hi, any particular blower or material preferred for cleaning and what to avoid. Don't want to make thing worse. If possible recommend where to purchase those items. I know typical photography shop but a reliable and reasonable price shop you have experienced.

most blowers are fine, please do not use the tip of the blower to touch the glass over the sensor. if you really want a good blower, either giottos rocket blower or swiss af blower is good.

can buy these items from the usual shops: orient photo, tk foto, ms colour, cathay photo are some possible shops that are more reliable. cathay photo might cost slightly more, but they are very, very reliable.

if you want to go the full DIY way, you can start by trying out sensor swabs and cleaning solution:

http://www.photosol.com/

these can be purchased from the above shops as well.

please only do wet cleaning if you have the confidence. also, do take note not to put too much liquid on the swabs, this might end up with the liquid seeping underneath the filter over the sensor and that can be disastrous.

[vid]WV_DT2kEEsI[/vid]

Thank you so much for all your inputs....Guess i will just try to clean up as much as possible with the cleaning kit....and if possible send it down to Canon for service when needed....=)