Cleaning of camera sensor. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

photougenics

Dec 19, 2006
East Coast
Hi all,

This may sound stupid but I really am not sure.

How do u open the shutter for cleaning of the sensor? Do u use bulb mode and squeeze the shutter button or there is a way to manually open the shutter?

Maybe i shld just bring it to Canon service centre for cleaning.

The dust reduction for canon dont seem to be very effective, IMHO.

Regards.

under the menu, isn't there an option for sensor cleaning? Set that on and the shutter will open. But do not place the brush or the blower within the shutter and make sure that there is sufficient battery though. To close the shutter, turn off the camera.

IMHO sensor cleaning should be left to the experts unless ur on holiday and its urgent for some DIY. send the camera in for servicing lah...I had a nitemare in Cambodia when there was a stuuborn microscopic tar-like stain at the corner of my D70 sensor...had to open up the shutter long and use toothpick...god noes how it got there...lubricant from the mirror mechanism?:confused: most of the time trying to DIY clean makes matters worst....:bsmilie:

i only blow the sensor. cleaning the delicate sensor should be left to the expert. only $21 at canon service center and takes about 1 hr.

i only blow the sensor. cleaning the delicate sensor should be left to the expert. only $21 at canon service center and takes about 1 hr.

blow propree hor...wait leave tiny saliva stains how?:bsmilie:

i use cottonbuds and alcohol from guardian.

not recommended for the faint hearted.:sweat:

go to service centre and let them clean for you ..

sorry if this is a stupid question...
if my cam is still under warranty, the servive center will clean it for free rite??
;)

blow propree hor...wait leave tiny saliva stains how?:bsmilie:

haha... of cos use proper blower lah, not with yr mouth. also muct check yr blower if it had disintergrated. best is to use N2 to blow in a cleanroom enviroment but someone i knows, accidentally release the shutter while cleaning and damage the shutter. so bewarned. saving $21 may cost you hundreds to replace the shutter.

sorry if this is a stupid question...
if my cam is still under warranty, the servive center will clean it for free rite??
;)

cleaning of sensor is not covered under warranty definately, but out of good will the svc ctr might just clean it for u foc.

NSC has cleaned my sensor FOC several times during the warranty period. :thumbsup: :heart:

Canon pay $21 for cleaning, Nikon warranty period clean for free. Else pay.. Normal is $45 or $35? Donno.

Status
Not open for further replies.