Cleaning fingerprints on prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowspeeder

Feb 16, 2004
www.themenatwork.com
I had a couple of glossy photos with fingerprints on the picture. Cannot seem to clean them despite wiping with cloth. Any suggestions?

Usually tissue paper will do. In your case, it could be that the fingerprints are really 'dirty' ie oily. Actually tissue paper always does the trick no matter how 'oily' ... but then I guess you have to be careful not to scratch or wear out yr print. maybe there are some solvent around thats harmless to print?

gtsoh said:
Usually tissue paper will do. In your case, it could be that the fingerprints are really 'dirty' ie oily. Actually tissue paper always does the trick no matter how 'oily' ... but then I guess you have to be careful not to scratch or wear out yr print. maybe there are some solvent around thats harmless to print?

actually, tissue paper is the last thing that will ever work...

LiOnElLiN said:
actually, tissue paper is the last thing that will ever work...

so what works? i got a couple of shots with my fingerprints on it too... :confused:

bsplenden said:
so what works? i got a couple of shots with my fingerprints on it too... :confused:

i gave up long ago... ended up printing my pictures on matte :bsmilie:

if it's emulsion print (lab), wash the print. take care not to scratch it while it's wet. then use a hairdryer to dry the fella to avoid water drops.

oh, if you're worried, try it with a print you dont really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.