Cleaning fingerprints on prints


Status
Not open for further replies.

snowspeeder

Senior Member
Feb 16, 2004
3,672
0
36
www.themenatwork.com
#1
I had a couple of glossy photos with fingerprints on the picture. Cannot seem to clean them despite wiping with cloth. Any suggestions?
 

gtsoh

New Member
Jan 28, 2004
74
0
0
#2
Usually tissue paper will do. In your case, it could be that the fingerprints are really 'dirty' ie oily. Actually tissue paper always does the trick no matter how 'oily' ... but then I guess you have to be careful not to scratch or wear out yr print. maybe there are some solvent around thats harmless to print?
 

LiOnElLiN

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2004
818
0
16
www.zelesjen.com
#3
gtsoh said:
Usually tissue paper will do. In your case, it could be that the fingerprints are really 'dirty' ie oily. Actually tissue paper always does the trick no matter how 'oily' ... but then I guess you have to be careful not to scratch or wear out yr print. maybe there are some solvent around thats harmless to print?
actually, tissue paper is the last thing that will ever work...
 

bsplenden

New Member
Mar 25, 2004
309
0
0
31
holland ave
#4
LiOnElLiN said:
actually, tissue paper is the last thing that will ever work...
so what works? i got a couple of shots with my fingerprints on it too... :confused:
 

LiOnElLiN

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2004
818
0
16
www.zelesjen.com
#5
bsplenden said:
so what works? i got a couple of shots with my fingerprints on it too... :confused:
i gave up long ago... ended up printing my pictures on matte :bsmilie:
 

Jun 12, 2004
135
0
0
#6
if it's emulsion print (lab), wash the print. take care not to scratch it while it's wet. then use a hairdryer to dry the fella to avoid water drops.
 

Jun 12, 2004
135
0
0
#7
oh, if you're worried, try it with a print you dont really want.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom