Cleaning Finger Print on the Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyo86sg

Sep 16, 2006
As of above, was taking some pics with kids, then one of them touch my B+W MRC UV filter and now got marking le.... =(. tried to use some microfiber cloth but seems to leave those circular lines along as i clean. how how?:confused:

Oops! U might hv left some scratches on it! :eek:
What type of micro-fibre cloth did u use? Those for lenses? Or those for general home use?!! :bigeyes:

try dripping alcohol onto it? not those alcohol for you to drink tho' :bsmilie:

alternatively, you can go to CP and spend money on a bottle of eclipse
I believe the marking's oil transfered frm the kid's fingers onto your expensive B+W :p

sorry for the OT, but where i can find these micro fibre cloth?

You may have left permanent marks on your 'BMW' filter mate! Try not to use microfibre cloth to clean those filters. I use a Lens Pen. You can get one from CP. Just use soft circular touches on those marks and they should be cleaned in no time. Works wonders for me each time!

OMgz, i am so scared nowz. =S. how much is the Lens Pen. I havent get my Cleaning Kit for my cam yet. Any can recommand wat to get? Budget looking at around $50. ;)

I recommend getting the Kinetronics Speckgrabber Pro Kit from Cathay Photo. Costs $35 and comes with microfibre cloth, lens cleaning solution and speckgrabber. I'v been using it to clean my B+W and Hoya filters for the past 4 years. Does a great job cleaning B+W.

But I only use the cloth and lens solution and I don't use the speckgrabber.

help!i used the lens cleaning solution and the microfibre cloth to clean but there are a lot of cleaning marks left behind.why is this happening and what should i do(and not do in the future)

I recommend getting the Kinetronics Speckgrabber Pro Kit from Cathay Photo. Costs $35 and comes with microfibre cloth, lens cleaning solution and speckgrabber. I'v been using it to clean my B+W and Hoya filters for the past 4 years. Does a great job cleaning B+W.

But I only use the cloth and lens solution and I don't use the speckgrabber.

Ditto... good kit.

I bought a spare piece of the cloth for usage at home too... :thumbsup:

by the way, are lens tissues better than cloths?Cloths will attract dust...lens tissue use and throw alway so each piece is a new one..?

I ever use tissue and it works fine for me. Anyway, my filters are cheap cheap Kenko and Hoya ones only so scratch also never mind.

help!i used the lens cleaning solution and the microfibre cloth to clean but there are a lot of cleaning marks left behind.why is this happening and what should i do(and not do in the future)

can anyone help me on this..?

can use those microfibre tt come together wif glasses when u buy them? :confused:

its actually a normal hoya CPL...but do you guys get such stuff when you clean..?

huh...actually wat kind of microfibre cloth....those for specs and the 3m one is v v different...

Normal microfibre cloth for specs works for me anyway.

i usually use chamois.. leaves no mark on my filters..

That's strange. I've cleaned off fingerprint marks from my B+W MRC filters with microfiber cloth before and it was a 3 wipe process at most. The cloth you used might have been somewhat dodgy?

Anyway, try eclipse solution (available from cathay) and lens tissue (available almost everywhere i think). Canon is using the same stuff (amongst other mysterious liquids) to clean lenses in their service area. How do I know? Because a technician forgot to delete a test picture they took while checking my camera. :bsmilie:

CleaningStuff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.