cleaning finger print oil on lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

budiman10

how to do it ah?? the lens damn small on my ixus 330

:gbounce:

get a micro fibre cloth (special one for cleaning lens), get a cutton bud. Round the cutton bud with your cloth, make a breath to your lens...before the condense air/water disappear, clean it in circular motion from center to outter side.

Repeat a few times if necessary.

Done.

can i just use a cotton bud and clean it..? like wipe it on the lens itself gently... smoothly... like my girlfriend does it... heheh.. :D*horny*

will the cotton bud introduce scrathces if i do it right?

Originally posted by icematrix
can i just use a cotton bud and clean it..? like wipe it on the lens itself gently... smoothly... like my girlfriend does it... heheh.. :D*horny*

will the cotton bud introduce scrathces if i do it right?

At edges, you can use cutton bud. However, for centre and larger part, it is encourage to use fibre cloth with your finger...as you can wipe more thoroughly, and cutton bud might leave those circular line later.

Originally posted by Kho King
get a micro fibre cloth (special one for cleaning lens), get a cutton bud. Round the cutton bud with your cloth, make a breath to your lens...before the condense air/water disappear, clean it in circular motion from center to outter side.

Repeat a few times if necessary.

Done.

ok will do thnx for the advice.. how abt the dust inside the lens??

gooood stuff.. will try on both my analog and digicam sss.

My analog cam kena oil all over the lens since the last BBQ chalet i went.. really quite chialat the mess.. blood all over the dance floor.

hi,
i was cleaning my lens the other day with the micro fiber cloth and it left a few lines on the len, could it be possible scratches?

Originally posted by budiman10

ok will do thnx for the advice.. how abt the dust inside the lens??

You can't do anything with the dust inside a lens, except sending it to expert to clean (no need to spend that money...it wouldn't affect your picture). The reason to learn is...don't blow your lens too often as you are blowing the dust into it.

Originally posted by jude
hi,
i was cleaning my lens the other day with the micro fiber cloth and it left a few lines on the len, could it be possible scratches?

Only u can tell. However, most of the time I encounter with 2nd hand lenses, those line are just improper cleaning of lens leaving some residual on it. Use some lens cleaner, together with micro fibre cloth and cutton, clean it again in a proper way. Check the achieve for lens cleaning method.

hmm wonder if can use those evaporating alcohol cleaner thing..

dab some on the lens and wala.. ?

Originally posted by icematrix
hmm wonder if can use those evaporating alcohol cleaner thing..

dab some on the lens and wala.. ?

NEVER drop anything lens cleaner directly onto the lens surface. It is too strong for the coating...and the excessive drop will flow INTO the body of the lens...Use only one or half a drop on a lens tissue or micro fibre cloth.

Originally posted by Kho King

NEVER drop anything lens cleaner directly onto the lens surface. It is too strong for the coating...and the excessive drop will flow INTO the body of the lens...Use only one or half a drop on a lens tissue or micro fibre cloth.

oh oh !! okok!! darn.. now i have to drink the rest of the alcohol i bought from the pharmacy.. :p only use half a drop :p

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.