Cleaning CPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

st0pandst4re

Feb 23, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
hi guys i got a B+W CPL filter..

decided to clean it with a normal camera lens cleaning cloth due to water marks (i have no idea why) on it.

However after i cleaned it my cloth became black... is it because of the dirt? or are we not supposed to clean them due to the tinting of the lens etc?

hi guys i got a B+W CPL filter..

decided to clean it with a normal camera lens cleaning cloth due to water marks (i have no idea why) on it.

However after i cleaned it my cloth became black... is it because of the dirt? or are we not supposed to clean them due to the tinting of the lens etc?

For CPL, never clean the rear part as that's the coating for the CPL and cleaning it will wear off the coating and render the polarising effect useless over time. If u want to clean, only clean the exterior surface.

Snoweagle , can it be used with lens tissue and cleaning liquid solution and will the coating will come off or not.

so meaning only the front part, exterior , can be cleaned.

but how did u get the interior watermarked ?

the water at the back part of the CPL could be due to condensation? :dunno:

I think he is trying to say that he has stained the back of his CPL. there is some water stain... how to get rid of them? i'm curious to find out too :bsmilie:

The only way is to gently wipe it off, no choice if u want to get it out. But the coating's not until so 'fragile' but prolonged cleaning of that area over time will wear out the polarizing coating.

hey guys thanks for the help!
i've no idea whether it was the coating that came off!
but anyhow the mark is gone!

shall take note and not clean anywhere but the exterior side of the lens! thanks =)

Status
Not open for further replies.