Cleaning Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamadam

Feb 9, 2004
Perth
www.flickr.com
I tried searching the forum for cleaning contacts, but could not find the appropriate thread - though it may be out there somewhere - keep having to wait 45 seconds between each search... anyway,
I would like to know how you all clean contacts - in particular: battery contacts, hot shoe contacts and maybe lens contacts.
What is the best way to do this?
Thanks!

Normal usage - just a clean, lint free piece of cloth.

Greased up - sterile Isopropyl alcohol pads, the wipe dry with a piece of clean lint free cloth. Supoer cheap in a box of 100s.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

i read that people used eraser on the contacts to clean the contacts for the lens.

it seems to work ;)

Oh! Is that what it means by clean? I was thinking it was like... polishing clean, like using chemicals and things :) ahhh :)
So just wipe it! ahahah thank you!

i read that people used eraser on the contacts to clean the contacts for the lens.

it seems to work ;)
It works for me :thumbsup: . Not only for photography, computer card as well...

Regards,
Arto.

If you use eraser, make sure to completely remove those small bits of eraser when you are done.
There is also a spray-can type of electrical contact cleaner that is sold in Sim Lim Tower. You can spray onto a rag and then use that to clean the contacts (don't spray directly!).

Status
Not open for further replies.