Cleaning camera bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitehawk68

Jul 7, 2006
Selangor, Malaysia
Dear fella sifus,

How do you clean your camera bag after a field trip? Especially when it was caught with rain and mug.

Please advise.

Well usually a vacuum would suffice but if mud was involved I'll suggest dumping it into the washing machine. Just make sure you tie up the loose plastic ends so they don't break. Also don't mix it with clothes! A seperate load would be preferble for obvious reasons. Once you're done it's best not to use a dryer but let it air-dry.

I use a Canon 200EG as my backpack btw. But so far it hasn't got dirty enough to warrant a cleaning.

Dear fella sifus,

How do you clean your camera bag after a field trip? Especially when it was caught with rain and mug.

Please advise.

I pass it to my mother-in-law and it comes back clean... I think she washes it by hand and dry it.

Remove padding and toss the bag into the washing machine. :)

I am using Lowepro Off-road. Do I remove the padding before washing with soap water?

thta's bad that need to wash? how about clean with wet cloth instead? sometime after wash the bag will not back to their original shape...unless is those soft type.

wonder will any1 ask how to wash tripod/monopod after pot into muddy place....;)

Yes..yes.. I had done it once for my Bf. Using my hand to wash.
Looks cleaner therefore he gave me skin lotion and kisses :embrass: (shiok..shiok.:lovegrin: )

i soak my bag overnight in plain water than sun dry it. just wanted to get rd of the sweat. not that dirty the it needs to be scrub.

I usually clean my camera bags with a damp cloth. So far there is no need to wash them yet. The dirtiest they get is just from dusts on the bag exterior & a damp cloth works just fine in removing them.

it is batter to send it for dry cleaner becuase if you use soak it in water, and u din dry the bag throughly, dampness will present in the fabric of the bag and cost your equipment to rot and growth fungi.

Dear fella sifus,

Please advise.

rip the zipper off and go to cathay for replacement, claiming a lousy workmanship of this bag.:p

rip the zipper off and go to cathay for replacement, claiming a lousy workmanship of this bag.:p
Nice to see the ethics and moral standards of today's youth in Singapore is improving!

Status
Not open for further replies.