Cleaning and maintaining your camera??? AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate

Nov 4, 2010
I have regularly cleaned my sesors and my lenses. Still I have recently noticed that my AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be....

Nov 4, 2010
I have regularly cleaned my sensor and my lenses. Still I have noticed that my AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be. Clearly, I got great results but my Nikon D3 started to be inaccurate and often misses the subject. It used to be more accurate. The lenses are clean. What should I do? (Please don't tell me to buy the new D4! LOL :)

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Main sensor is not used for AF. And cleaning lenses is also useless if the AF motor is affected. I suggested to pack your gear and bring it to Nikon Service Center. Apart from that: nothing is more inaccurate as human senses :)

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
haring said:
I have regularly cleaned my sensor and my lenses. Still I have noticed that my AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be. Clearly, I got great results but my Nikon D3 started to be inaccurate and often misses the subject. It used to be more accurate. The lenses are clean. What should I do? (Please don't tell me to buy the new D4! LOL :)
Could be your af sensor is dirty.

Also a couple of my friends with d3 have the same problem after a couple years of use. One of them broight it in and the af sensor needs to replaced...

Nov 4, 2010
Main sensor is not used for AF. And cleaning lenses is also useless if the AF motor is affected. I suggested to pack your gear and bring it to Nikon Service Center. Apart from that: nothing is more inaccurate as human senses :)
LOL! I agree!!!! :)

Nov 4, 2010
Could be your af sensor is dirty.

Also a couple of my friends with d3 have the same problem after a couple years of use. One of them broight it in and the af sensor needs to replaced...
No good news! I will send it! :(

Nov 4, 2010
I have to agree! The problem is that I have to send everything to a service center. It takes for a while to get them back. I wish I could somehow tell whether they really need to be serviced and sent away for weeks while I am without a back up camera...

Top Bottom