Cleaning a camera, how much and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
cos this camera is quite old.. when i look thru the viewfinder, can see some blackie dots... confirm it's not the lense, but i took a cotton bud to gently clean the mirror, but no use... so where can i give this camera a through clean?

the cam is Minolta X-700

Originally posted by behyx
cos this camera is quite old.. when i look thru the viewfinder, can see some blackie dots... confirm it's not the lense, but i took a cotton bud to gently clean the mirror, but no use... so where can i give this camera a through clean?

the cam is Minolta X-700

Black dots are usually not a lens or mirror problem, but very likely dust on the focussing screen. I am not so sure whether the X700 has a removeable one though.

You can go to the usual places like Camera Workshop, etc to have it cleaned. Probably won't cost a lot.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Black dots are usually not a lens or mirror problem, but very likely dust on the focussing screen. I am not so sure whether the X700 has a removeable one though.

You can go to the usual places like Camera Workshop, etc to have it cleaned. Probably won't cost a lot.

Regards
CK

can i have their address and tel?
so that i can call and enquiry.

or do any of you are so kind enough to help me clean?? thanks!!

Originally posted by behyx

can i have their address and tel?
so that i can call and enquiry.

or do any of you are so kind enough to help me clean?? thanks!!

Camera Workshop is in Penisula Hotel. I don't have the tel. no, but I think you can easily look it up. :)

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.