Clean and very usable photo @ISO400

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankm

Nov 29, 2004
tankm.fotki.com
I was first introduced to noise reduction software by spiderman. Thanks for the great tips. :thumbsup:

I have since investigated more on this and try using it on some of my previous photo shot at ISO400. No choice as the condition is really demanding.

Crop Photo to show the amount of noise at ISO400.
P1010142-cs.jpg

Same Crop Photo after noise reduction.
P1010142-cnr.jpg

The Complete ISO400 Photo after noise reduction.
P1010142-nr.jpg

I used the DEFAULT setting for the noise reduction and did not bother adjusting it to reduce some of the detail lost. My intention here is to show you can still take photo at ISO400 if the situation demanded it.

For this noise reduction I used NoiseWare. There are others as well, such as NeatImage. Both NoiseWare and NeatImage have free version. You can try out both and see which meets your needs.

Do a bit of work and GOOGLE to find out where to get both, and at the same time you will find out about other alternatives which I did not list here.

Have Fun !!!

tankm said:
I was first introduced to noise reduction software by spiderman. Thanks for the great tips. :thumbsup:

I have since investigated more on this and try using it on some of my previous photo shot at ISO400. No choice as the condition is really demanding.

The Complete ISO400 Photo after noise reduction.
P1010142-nr.jpg

I used the DEFAULT setting for the noise reduction and did not bother adjusting it to reduce some of the detail lost. My intention here is to show you can still take photo at ISO400 if the situation demanded it.

For this noise reduction I used NoiseWare. There are others as well, such as NeatImage. Both NoiseWare and NeatImage have free version. You can try out both and see which meets your needs.

Do a bit of work and GOOGLE to find out where to get both, and at the same time you will find out about other alternatives which I did not list here.

Have Fun !!!

Great job! I mean the performers..... haha.

Just kidding la. The pic looks so neat post processed. :thumbsup: Keep it up!

Wow... Well done man... :thumbsup:

If you hadn't shown the original pic, I wouldn't have believed you. ;p

I use Neat Image... :thumbsup: I'm not sure about the rest, but I like the way NI lets me fine tune the amount of Noise reduction I want. ;)

wah the prog is good !!! i can see the diff :)

theITguy said:
Hi tankm,

I did a simple test too on the noise issue. In most cases ISO 400 is usable, just need some work on post processing. I notice heavy lost of details. Maybe you can load a profile which can give better results?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=114655

Detail lost can be adjusted (minimize) and it is unavoidable during noise reduction. You should try the PRO version which provide greater controls for those who know how to exploit greater controls. I'm NOT one of them and still learning on this.

If you do need to reduce noise, do the noise reduction first before resizing. In general, if the original photo is not posted, the detail lost will not be noticeable and will only be more apparent when look at @100% zoom. Which for all practical use, you don't really view photo @100% zoom.

tankm said:
Detail lost can be adjusted (minimize) and it is unavoidable during noise reduction. You should try the PRO version which provide greater controls for those who know how to exploit greater controls. I'm NOT one of them and still learning on this.

If you do need to reduce noise, do the noise reduction first before resizing. In general, if the original photo is not posted, the detail lost will not be noticeable and will only be more apparent when look at @100% zoom. Which for all practical use, you don't really view photo @100% zoom.

hehe, I am using the pro version with PS plugin liao. :devil:

theITguy said:
hehe, I am using the pro version with PS plugin liao. :devil:

Okie...point take. Maybe next version will be better, hopefully. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.