Classified Section Scams

I don't usually reply to threads but I found this one via googling. Same exact story and details - I just avoided his attempt a few days ago.

Encountered this same scenario. Out of the blue, got a whatsapp text from Keong stating he was interested in my lens. Subsequently, asked if I have other lens that I wanna sell.

Sent photos of all the lens. We agreed on a price, even negotiate for a lower price although he said price is not an issue. At this point, all seems fine to me.

The first red flag came when he mentioned that he wants it shipped to the Philippines, with reasons that he is still in Australia for work duties and it’s for his son in the Philippines.

Asked me to send a money request to kwkang102@hotmail.com on Paypal. Don’t feel too comfortable dealing through Paypal due to stories on scams

Started to ask a few personal qn and asked if he could send a FnF payment on Paypal or a wire transfer. He got a little triggered and was rude.

In between communications, I was rather occupied with work hence did not ship it out at first notice. Fortunately, did a search on his email and found this thread - gut feeling telling me this whole transaction seems a little off, this thread gave me the verification and relief.

His number is +61 488 890 374
Email kwkang102@hotmail.com

here is one more from today.
Keong Wee Kang
kkangwee11@gmail.com
Tel +61 488 875995
Sending to Christian Adams, B24 L4 Avida Residence Sta Catalina, Salawag, Cavite, Dasmarinas, 4114, Philippines

Haha. This jackal is still at it.

Tried the same thing last week. Same credentials.

Made a police, paypal and scam alert notification.

what a loser.

BEWARE !
Keong Wee Kang
kkangwee11@gmail.com
Tel +61 488 875995 Whatsapp
Sending to Christian Adams, B24 L4 Avida Residence Sta Catalina, Salawag, Cavite, Dasmarinas, 4114, Philippines

please report the account when u encounter any potential scams. while the mods try to screen out potential new sign-ups, there will be plenty more that slip the cracks.

Wow, this dude did exactly the same thing to me. Just requested paypal payment and found this thread and canceled it.

Hi,

He is still active. Be careful... He contacted me via WhatsApp with a similar story.

I also kena.....he's still active......
wekng29@gmail.com
, +61 437 860 722

receiver: Christian Adams, B24 L4 Avida Residence Sta Catalina, Salawag, Cavite, Dasmarinas, 4114, Philippines

The PayPal emails are getting very convincing now....Now praying FedEx can halt the delivery.

Does anyone here think that the police reports are even remotely helping?

Last edited:
Yes. He is still active and i didn't notice it was a spoofed paypal email initially but manage to halt the shipment in time.

kangwee7@gmail.com
+61 488 811 305

Name: Chris Adams
Address: B18 L16 avida residence sta catalina, salawag.
City: Dasmarinas, Cavite,
Postal code: 4114
Philippines.
Ph: 09260221065

Last edited:
I can attest to you this is a legit scam. I wasted 4 precious days of my trying to facilitate the process of dealing.

My suspicion arose when Keong claimed he had already transferred money to my Paypal account and asked me to check my spam folder instead.

Because firstly, it doesn't make any sense for me to check a legitimate email from my spam folder.

Second of all, in the footnote of the Email, it mentioned the amount is currently on hold and that I should proceed with the shipment process, sent a receipt to prove the shipping before I can access my funds. The entire episode is freaking absurd.

Although, I have to applaud his efforts in making the spam email look legit. It even came with a custom email domain! So convincing. Thankfully I manage to call PayPal to seek clarification.

Here are the details of the perpetrator:
+61 488 811 305
keongwee28@gmail.com

Yes i experience the same thing in Aug2021, too good to be true and this scammer try luck by providing some sad story as previous buyer that ditch the deal.. bla bla bla...

The one cause me suspect this is trully scammer cause didnt want to involve anyone and didnt want to arrange own shipment collection and trouble us to do it all. The worst case scenario sending overseas is when collected by the other side, they will switch the item and said item not deliver correctly with all the photo shot taken. lol

Attachments

• 1635158894080.png
    1635158894080.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 69
PSA - the scammer is still active in the Forum... messaged me today about my items for sale.

The phone number used is different now (+61 439 459 228) but the profile picture is the same...
If he is a real buyer, we will deal face-to-face in SG.
Won't ever bother to entertain an overseas buyer...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-11-08 at 14.51.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-08 at 14.51.12.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Octarine
It is uncommon for me to post. But i think for the well being of the community, I should made this person known as well.

I can confirm that as of today, this fella is still active and he is also on Carousell. Somehow there has been a voice constantly telling me that this guy is a scammer once he engaged me for the conversation, but still I decided to have some fun with him since it is a long weekend.

Fellow bros and sis, please stay extra vigilant and be careful not to be a victim of scammers during this festive season.

Scam Alert
  1. Business registration info: UK based company (Remember, he claims to have an office in Malaysia, but the company website does not reflect any offices in Malaysia)
    Company information for ELECTRONIC BUSINESS MACHINES LIMITED (02440189) incorporated 06-11-1989

Type of Business: Catering equipment, cash registers, etc. (no link to cameras)
    Welcome to Electronic Business Machines Limited

Payment method:
    Below is the details of our company Western Union Account.
    Receiver's Name: Kadiri Jerry Osikhena (A personal account? You've got to be less obvious bro...)
    Receivers Address: UNIT 3 ARUNDEL ROAD,UXBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE,UXBRIDGE
    Zip: UB8 2RP

Let's be wise, and keep each other informed.

received WA, from someone called Keong with SG no ( +65 9346 4297), his WA images is 3 kids, I initially assumed his, so I thought he’s harmless, after nego, he told me to send my gear to Philippines, went to check if this is scam, yes looks like he’s the infamous Keong, so I decided to block him, and send alert here

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpeg
    IMG_2775.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Octarine
He is *still* at it. I suggest admins should send out a PSA whenever any one posts in Classifieds, to say that there are multiple reports of a scamster claiming to want to be a buyer, who says that he wants the items shipped to his "son" in the Philippines, and proposing to pay using paypal.

kindly report such accounts using the report function found at the bottom left of every post.

just fyi - over the last few months, we have many foreign accounts (e.g from Ukraine, China etc..) registering. while we have been actively deleting such accounts, many more have slipped through. some of these accounts have been used for crypto scams, others are used for such sales scams. it would be most helpful if everyone can flagged out these accounts using the report function.

kindly report such accounts using the report function found at the bottom left of every post.

just fyi - over the last few months, we have many foreign accounts (e.g from Ukraine, China etc..) registering. while we have been actively deleting such accounts, many more have slipped through. some of these accounts have been used for crypto scams, others are used for such sales scams. it would be most helpful if everyone can flagged out these accounts using the report function.

Er, that's not what this person does. Instead, he responds to for-sale posts, and claims to want to buy. The payment details do not work out, and sometimes the product would have been shipped already. At least that is what has been reported.

So, the scammer has *no post* that we can report on.

Er, that's not what this person does. Instead, he responds to for-sale posts, and claims to want to buy. The payment details do not work out, and sometimes the product would have been shipped already. At least that is what has been reported.

So, the scammer has *no post* that we can report on.

you can actually report his PM. the icon is also at the bottom left corner.

This fella also whatsapp me and nego, which I assumed was normal until he asked me to ship to his son in the Philippines. Major red flag. Then went to google his name and number, and now I'm here warning other people that he's still at it.

Name: Keong
Whatsapp: +65 93464297

Waste my time.....