"Classic" Photo Locations for Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qxguy

Greetings-

I will be visiting Singapore for the first time in May '02.

With just a few days to do the tourist thing and photograph the city I am looking for help on some of the better locations and hints for photographing:

The city skyline (day and night)
MTR system
Harbor and Container Port
From the cable cars to Sentosa Island
Night Safari (?)
and other highlights

I will be traveling with a Olympus 3030 and Sony VX1000.

Thanks for your help.
qxguy
qxguy@hotmail.com

Originally posted by qxguy
Greetings-

I will be visiting Singapore for the first time in May '02.

With just a few days to do the tourist thing and photograph the city I am looking for help on some of the better locations and hints for photographing:

The city skyline (day and night)
MTR system
Harbor and Container Port
From the cable cars to Sentosa Island
Night Safari (?)
and other highlights

I will be traveling with a Olympus 3030 and Sony VX1000.

Thanks for your help.
qxguy
qxguy@hotmail.com

used to have a vx1000 too.. ;)

Ummm.. is the MRT not MTR.. Visit the Changi Airport MRT station first =) That's the nicest station in singapore.

Go zoo/birdpark/chinatown too =)

Try Mount Faber at night when you are taking the Cable Car to Sentosa. No point taking photos on the cable car, too shaky. As for skyline try the vicinity of Marina Square, Suntec City, and near the mouth of the Singapore River. Try places of interest including Botanic Gardens, Zoo and Jurong Bird Park.

If you are not too afraid of mosquitoes, try Chek Jawa at Pulau Ubin. It's supposed to be a coral reserve but control for visitors are rather tight, and the better areas for photography may already be out of bounds. Can someone else correct me if I'm wrong?

Originally posted by Klause
Ummm.. is the MRT not MTR.. Visit the Changi Airport MRT station first =) That's the nicest station in singapore.

Go zoo/birdpark/chinatown too =)

It is called MTR in other countries.

You can try taking the city hall at night from suntec city. Its quite nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.