Classic Car

pcyeo

Nov 16, 2010
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to capture the beauty of this classic with minimal background distractions

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Morning, clear sky. Car was parked along small road and in front of it was a taxi. That leaves me no room for a frontal shot.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I am quite pleased given the constraint and the requirement. But I really like to hear the views of others. Does it seem too "unbalanced" because only the left front of the car is in the picture? As a newbie, I am not used to taking tight shots like this.

Classic_MG.jpg

Thanks!!

Yes, the composition definitely seem 'unbalanced' to me. To bring out the beauty of such a vintage car, you need not present it in totality, especially if you face the constraint of space as you mentioned. A forced shot like yours does not do much justice to this beauty.

Why not isolate and present some of it's details instead? Eg. Headlight console, wipers, curves of the bonnet...... Further suggestion: How about creating a collage with pics of such details? Try to think out of the box....

Cheers

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand - Ansel Adams"

Bring your perspective lower, shooting from a lower angle brings out the beauty of a car.