Clark quay

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotaboy

Deregistered
Nov 23, 2007
Woodlands
I took this without a tripod.
This was taken today after shooting in chinatown.
Sadly,all did not seem to reach my expectation.

DSC00067.jpg

I usually have problems taking picture of landscape and city due to the many distraction sch as people and buildings.
Any advice on the composition.
It was impossible to capture the ferry as i was on 2s shutter since i did not want to use flash.
Iso was set at 200 if i remember correctly.

I think for night scene, die die must have tripod.. it's humanly impossible to hold your hands steady for more than 2 secs. Also if taken at around 6-7.30pm when the sun is setting would be better.

I think for night scene, die die must have tripod.. it's humanly impossible to hold your hands steady for more than 2 secs. Also if taken at around 6-7.30pm when the sun is setting would be better.

how about the composition of this picture?:)

apologies, i cannot see the picture, not sure if it's my problem.

is anyone else unable to see the picture as well?dotaboy - do note that you should only post up one picture at a time in the critique corner. cheers

apologies, i cannot see the picture, not sure if it's my problem.

is anyone else unable to see the picture as well?dotaboy - do note that you should only post up one picture at a time in the critique corner. cheers

I don't know if you are trying to fuss a problem again but...i have only posted 1 pic.

I don't know if you are trying to fuss a problem again but...i have only posted 1 pic.

? fuss a problem?

well, i cannot see any picture, and from the posting , you can't really blame me for thinking that you posted up 2 pictures, no? the original post.. and then you move on to ask what someone else thinks of "this picture".. unless you are referring to said picture (which once again, i stress, i cannot see) in the original post.. which doesn't quite make sense.

it looks tilted to the right.

? fuss a problem?

well, i cannot see any picture, and from the posting , you can't really blame me for thinking that you posted up 2 pictures, no? the original post.. and then you move on to ask what someone else thinks of "this picture".. unless you are referring to said picture (which once again, i stress, i cannot see) in the original post.. which doesn't quite make sense.

I didn't post two pic in this thread.
Maybe the mod can clarify for me.

I didn't post two pic in this thread.
Maybe the mod can clarify for me.

i'm not saying you did , buddy, can you just relax

though it will be appreciated if you post up a link to the photo in the thread, i don't know why i can't see it

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/olalachan/DSC00067.jpg

well then directly request for one.
It's not surprising we had a bad war before.

actually, no, i don't remember seriously, i think you are taking these forums too seriously even if we have, because i don't even recall your user nick.. unless you're talking about some questions you asked me in the recent italy thread i put up? but there was no clashing there, no?
i don't even think we've had contact before, unless it is in kopitam :dunno:

weird, when i click on the link it tells me the connection has been reset
it must be my hall's server, i guess never mind, since most people can see it
cheers and good day

Bro Dotaboy, I borrowed your picture to repost so that our Bro night86mare can see it.

Original Photo

2165961599_19b18180ac_o.jpg

My adjusted photo - sharpen and adjust highlights, shadow and contrast.
Sorry it's already jpeg and reduce resolution so have some compression noise.

2166755612_f26c22a690_o.jpg

maybe next time can do a wider shot.

Let me know if you don't like it and I'll take it out. :)

Cheers!

actually, no, i don't remember seriously, i think you are taking these forums too seriously even if we have, because i don't even recall your user nick.. unless you're talking about some questions you asked me in the recent italy thread i put up? but there was no clashing there, no?

cheers and good day

my pre nick was aqillies.
Now back to critique.

btw, let me know if you don't like my reposting of your shot so that I can take it out.

Cheers!

cheers and good day

my pre nick was aqillies.
Now back to critique.

it's nothing:)
and how did u adjust the sharpness?

I'm using Photoshop (PE3), you can go to Filters then select Sharpen.

Cheers!

I think its too dark and the horizon is tilted. I think I would move the frame a bit more to the left to capture the entire bridge (since the extreme right has some negative space).

Then I would wait a little longer for the tongkang to move a bit more to the left before I shoot. This way I would have less empty water on the left and more space for the boat restuarants.

My personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.