Clang: A White Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm dumbfounded with your liberal thoughts and generosity in wanting to share your vision with our young talents, John. Having your kind of status to care for younger blood is such a rare deal.

Ya, hope to see more "John" in the future.

Too good and rare a chance to pass this up.

John's been a true inspiration and influence for budding Singaporean photographers.

I wonder if we have a chance to meet the photographers he has mentioned, on the day of his exhibition? I think it will be eye opening and hopefully will have a chance to talk to John Clang and his hopefuls!

Hopefully, they will not be "DAO"! :cry:

I wonder if we have a chance to meet the photographers he has mentioned, on the day of his exhibition? I think it will be eye opening and hopefully will have a chance to talk to John Clang and his hopefuls!

Hopefully, they will not be "DAO"! :cry:

Haha...I probably will try to ask Jon tay and Xuan Ong to be around on the 24th June, if I remember. I've pretty bad memory lately :)
As for being 'Daos', I do come across like that at times. I'm very passionate and when I give advise, I do come across very direct and honest. Only because I sincerely do care :)
So, for the brave ones, if you feel like showing me some of your work on the 24th June,
you are welcome ;-)
It's a rare opportunity for me to meet you guys. I will cherish it.
Lovesss*Clang

Haha...I probably will try to ask Jon tay and Xuan Ong to be around on the 24th June, if I remember. I've pretty bad memory lately :)
As for being 'Daos', I do come across like that at times. I'm very passionate and when I give advise, I do come across very direct and honest. Only because I sincerely do care :)
So, for the brave ones, if you feel like showing me some of your work on the 24th June,
you are welcome ;-)
It's a rare opportunity for me to meet you guys. I will cherish it.
Lovesss*Clang

Good to hear that you have your solo exhibition again. Congrats on winning AP23 again this year with your submerge series. ;)

As for rising star photographers, besides xuan I think Louis+Aida's work is also worth taking a look. They are more fashion and currently based in London.

http://louis-aida.com/

Good to hear that you have your solo exhibition again. Congrats on winning AP23 again this year with your submerge series. ;)

As for rising star photographers, besides xuan I think Louis+Aida's work is also worth taking a look. They are more fashion and currently based in London.

http://louis-aida.com/

Thanks for reminding me :)
I do know both of them and I do find them very talented.
Hopefully they do get an opportunity in London.
Lovesss*Clang

hi john,

good to see u really passionate about ur passion ... would definitely be around on your opening .. and yes singapore has a lot to offer ... heh heh just whether we are passionate enough to embrace it ... see u soon ...

triston

upzz this thread. it is tomorrow. see you!

great exhibition, love the concept of the white book in a white room!
its like an entire installation piece!!!!

thanks for sharing your work in singapore, we are quite bless to have you in singapore again

here's some snapshots of the exhibition

the room
603651532_15d670c934_m.jpg

the book
603651546_c2176101d5_m.jpg

the photographer
603651486_13799032ab_m.jpg

the photographer reviewing works
603651376_475bfaf8f2_m.jpg

great exhibition, love the concept of the white book in a white room!
its like an entire installation piece!!!!

thanks for sharing your work in singapore, we are quite bless to have you in singapore again

Thank you for viewing my work and I'm glad you enjoy it :)
I think I know who you are , looking at the photos you post....hahahha
Lovesss*Clang

Will you be there again today?
I came a lil too late and was told by the auntie that you just left.

i happened to read about you in ST today and did some internet search...

besides the last long running (heated) thread posted at Clubsnap about your last exhibition in Singapore, I found out that you have lost a lot of weight based on the video interviews at this web site here

you must have been very busy with your work in NY so it's nice you have made time to share your photos and art to inspire aspiring young photographers...

i'll try to visit your exhibit when i can...

all the best to your future

Will you be there again today?
I came a lil too late and was told by the auntie that you just left.

Glad that you visit :)
I will be in the gallery again on this coming Saturday ( June 30) between 1pm-3pm
*Clang

i happened to read about you in ST today and did some internet search...

besides the last long running (heated) thread posted at Clubsnap about your last exhibition in Singapore, I found out that you have lost a lot of weight based on the video interviews at this web site here

you must have been very busy with your work in NY so it's nice you have made time to share your photos and art to inspire aspiring young photographers...

i'll try to visit your exhibit when i can...

all the best to your future

Do find time to visit the gallery to check out the work :)
As for my weight....hahaha....I have been this skinny since 2002 or 2003.
It's not the last heated clubsnap discussion that gives me depression and hence drastic weight loss ;-)
I probably work too hard.
Lovesss*Clang

Glad that you visit :)
I will be in the gallery again on this coming Saturday ( June 30) between 1pm-3pm
*Clang

wow i'd love to able to see you and talk to you but i don't know if you're going to be mobbed...:cry:

Hi John

My personal thanks for the invitation to view your work at the substation exhibition. I did overhear at the exhibition that some did not understand the concept as well as what you were trying to show. I almost tried to explain to them but I also realised its wrong to tell them my own perception of your exhibition. They had to figure it out for themselves what JClang wanted to show as each see different things from your collection.

For me, I felt that this was a very intimate collection of images within a clinical environment. Shown in a large white album in an all white room without distraction without fuss. Yet for me, the album is an intimate way of experiencing your images. To me, the images were little windows to your world. To be enjoyed as one would in their privacy of their own home.

AND your interview in today's Straits Times clarified much of the process and the purpose of your photographs. My kudos to you for keeping honest to your own preferences and artistics strengths.

I certainly hope that you will continually return - regularly - to share with us your collections and series as you progress along your art.

Warmest regards
Harry SK Tan

Hi John

My personal thanks for the invitation to view your work at the substation exhibition. I did overhear at the exhibition that some did not understand the concept as well as what you were trying to show. I almost tried to explain to them but I also realised its wrong to tell them my own perception of your exhibition. They had to figure it out for themselves what JClang wanted to show as each see different things from your collection.

For me, I felt that this was a very intimate collection of images within a clinical environment. Shown in a large white album in an all white room without distraction without fuss. Yet for me, the album is an intimate way of experiencing your images. To me, the images were little windows to your world. To be enjoyed as one would in their privacy of their own home.

AND your interview in today's Straits Times clarified much of the process and the purpose of your photographs. My kudos to you for keeping honest to your own preferences and artistics strengths.

I certainly hope that you will continually return - regularly - to share with us your collections and series as you progress along your art.

Warmest regards
Harry SK Tan

Dear Harry...Many thanks for your kind words. You are absolutely right that it will be nice for everyone to figure out what my pictures say to them.
I produce my images purely for myself and have always use them as a reflection of my life and my thoughts. They are very personal and it acts like my mental diary :)
Thank you once more for viewing my work.
Lovesss*Clang

Status
Not open for further replies.